PDA

View Full Version : Beginner - Where to put satellites.xml and good bouquet for 28.2 (openmips)

mike1961
28-02-14, 15:02
Folks,

Just got my Gigablue 800se Plus box from germany - took me over an hour to change the language to English :confused: BTW I waited for WOS to get them in stock but was just too impatient to wait any longer.

It didn't have 28.2 listed in the satellites .. so I downloaded a (28.2) satellites.xml file from internet and copied it to var/etc folder and restarted the box - no luck. I then used whatever facilities I spotted on the box (plugin or ?) to include 28.2 in the list of satellites, box tried to save the updated satellites.xml file but gave an error on attempting to save. Have I screwed up!! Should the sats.xml file be placed in a different folder (I've since seen threads mentioning /etc/tuxbox)? Hopefully you can help.

Assuming I can get sorted on the sats.xml front, can you also advise me on getting a good sky bouquet?

Cheers,

Michael

Blade0rz
28-02-14, 15:37
For all Enigma2 boxes the location of Satellites.xml is:

/etc/tuxbox/

Don't forget to reboot the box after FTPing it over. Then head into Service Searching > Tuner Configuration > Tuner A/B > Select your mode, then left/right on satellites and you should get 28.2E. Maybe you got a dodgy satellites.xml? You can generate a custom one here: http://satellites-xml.eu/

As for the bouquets, everything you need is in this post: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24868-All-New-Vix-28-2-East-Bouquets

And finally, since this is an Enigma2-based box you can find loads of information on settings over in this forum: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Enigma...Settings

mike1961
28-02-14, 15:44
Update - I read on another forum that the sats.xml should be placed in \etc\enigma2 folder which overrides the file in the etc\tuxbox folder. True?

Blade0rz
28-02-14, 15:55
Update - I read on another forum that the sats.xml should be placed in \etc\enigma2 folder which overrides the file in the etc\tuxbox folder. True?

It depends on the image which one is loaded first, but all of them will read from /etc/tuxbox so just add it in there and remove it from /etc/engima2 ensuring you only have one.

Rob van der Does
28-02-14, 16:12
Oh dear, confusion all over the place....

1- It has nothing to do with 'all enigma boxes', but with the image.
2- All not-PLi based images use etc/tuxbox as the one & only only location for the file.
All PLi-based images (such as ViX) have a system file in etc/tuxbox. A system file should never be overwritten, as then your file will be overwritten again during an image update.
The user file for PLi-based images should go to etc/enigma2: it takes precedence over the system file

Blade0rz
28-02-14, 16:14

2- All not-PLi based images use etc/tuxbox as the one & only only location for the file.
All PLi-based images (such as ViX) have a system file in etc/tuxbox. A system file should never be overwritten, as then your file will be overwritten again during an image update.
The user file for PLi-based images should go to etc/enigma2: it takes precedence over the system file

After reading this I'm possibly even more confused.....use /etc/tuxbox for Openmips?

mike1961
28-02-14, 16:30
Great info. Much appreciated. ... obviously the image is all-important in deciding where to place the sats.xml... how do I confirm what image I'm running - sorry for the newbie question

girginoz
28-02-14, 20:00

+ a better xml site is
http://satellites-xml.org/ team vix' site:thumbsup: