PDA

View Full Version : lost picons on my vu solo 2

lyndon70
28-02-14, 01:54
Hi,
Can anyone help me to restore the picons on my vu solo 2 it also got a hdd installed.
I updated my local area to HTV Wales HD and create AutoPicon Links in the AutoBouquets setup.
Links..... /usr/share/enigma2/picon
Location...... /media/hdd/picon
since doing this I've lost the picons that was already pre installed on the box.

On the plugins I got Rats DW Picon updater.. which it locates the picon which finds the directory /usr/share/enigma2/picon /media/hdd/picon
It says its updated the picons but I cant seem to get them to show on my EPG..
I'm new to all this and would be grateful if you could help me get around this problem.
THANKYOU:confused:

abu baniaz
28-02-14, 02:20
Firstly, you should not be using the HDD as it is the slowest storage medium. You have plenty of internal memory, use that. Can you also confirm you run AB once without the autopicons enabled.

1. Remove any existing picon folders.
2. Create a new picon folder on the internal memory.
3. Run rats Picon updater/or manually transfer the picons.

4. Make sure picons are working.

5. Alter picon/link locations in Autobouquets so that they match your locations.
6. Run Autobouquets. You should not need to worry about updating picons for a long time.

Larry-G
28-02-14, 02:24
as Abu says the HDD is not recommended as a suitable storage medium for picons as it can add upto 5 seconds zap time due to the HDD having to spin up to load the picon on each channel change.

lyndon70
28-02-14, 02:47
:confused:Thank you for your reply Abu,
I bought the box already set up so I think it run without autopicons enabled.

1 How do I Remove any existing picon folders I cant locate them on there,just going around in circles looking

2 how do I Create a new picon folder on the internal memory.

sorry but i'm new to all this and i'm frightened I'll del something and brick my box..
need a step by step guide on how to do it please.
thankyou
:confused:

abu baniaz
28-02-14, 03:22
May I suggest you make a full backup image first. just in case. Blue button > Vix > Image Manager

You will have to use an ftp program such as filezilla. right click and delete. Filezilla has a search feature, the binocuar. However, you have already mentioned the locations, so you should just navigate to the those folders.

My setup is:
The picons are in /picon/ i.e root of internal memory
The autopicon symlinks are in /usr/share/enigma2/picon/

lyndon70
28-02-14, 14:47
hi Abu,
do I make a backup to a usb or to the hdd?
where do I get filezilla from is it already loaded on the box.
Rats tells me the picons are on my HDD when I look I just cant seem to find the folder there
thanks

abu baniaz
28-02-14, 17:58
You can make the backup to HDD or USB, it does not matter. USB would be better as you can then save to your PC.

Filezilla is a program to be used on PC to interact with the receiver. Download from _https://filezilla-project.org/

Rat's picon updater looks for any folder called picon, wherever it is located. Just delete the one on your HDD and the one in usr/share...... and create one on the internal memory. Do not delete any other files or folders.