PDA

View Full Version : edit service id

northernmonkey
27-02-14, 11:10
After a few changes to channel frequencies last night (or whenever!) there's a few picons not showing, I'm pretty sure the service id is just different. Rather than hassle the bloke who uploaded these, I'm anxious to learn how to edit them myself!

I can't suss out dreambox edit (the picons filepath isn't showing) so, is there an easy 'how to'?

I'm on vix 3.0 btw

abu baniaz
27-02-14, 19:05
The picon path on DBedit is the location of picons on your PC. You can assign picons that way.
If you want to manually rename the picon, find it on your receiver and rename it to match the new service reference.

You will not be editing the service ID, you will be renaming the picon.

ronand
27-02-14, 21:39
On a channel press menu-information-service and you will see the service id that you will need to rename the picon file

northernmonkey
03-03-14, 17:24
Sorry for late reply to this (I've had visitors for a few days!)

How do I know which picon to change the name on? Is there a program I can load them into so they show a picture that I can rename with the latest device id?

abu baniaz
03-03-14, 17:30
Sorry for late reply to this (I've had visitors for a few days!)
How do I know which picon to change the name on? Is there a program I can load them into so they show a picture that I can rename with the latest device id?
Easiest way is to copy them to your PC and see. They are pictures of the channel so should be pretty easy to see.

Which picon set are you using?

bellejt
03-03-14, 18:02
I simply have a shortcut in win explorer to the USB stick on my VU+ DUO2 (192.168.xxxx) .With this I see the picons in preview.I choose the right one and just change his name by doing as mentioned for the stream info. Very fast and simple for a few picons.I also copy the whole set to my PC as backup.