PDA

View Full Version : OnDemand Plugin

Martincape
26-02-14, 20:58
Hi guys,

Using this plugin on Solo2 with latest Vix image 808. When I use ITV player, the programs only play for about 4-5 minutes then stop. Anyone know why?

mcquaim
26-02-14, 21:31
Hi guys,

Using this plugin on Solo2 with latest Vix image 808. When I use ITV player, the programs only play for about 4-5 minutes then stop. Anyone know why?

Anything appearing in the logs? You have a valid TUNLR account if you are outside the UK?

Martincape
26-02-14, 21:32
I'm in UK pal. No nothing in the logs. Not a crash. Just goes back to the main list I came from after 5 minutes of playing.

idgaf
26-02-14, 21:36
This happened a few weeks ago but fixed itself somehow. There were no logs or indication why and I don't believe anyone came up with a reason as to why it happened???

Larry-G
26-02-14, 21:38
Anything appearing in the logs? You have a valid TUNLR account if you are outside the UK?

not sure if your aware mate but Tunlr is no more.

http://tunlr.net/faq/supported-services-players/

mcquaim
26-02-14, 21:40
I'm in UK pal. No nothing in the logs. Not a crash. Just goes back to the main list I came from after 5 minutes of playing.

No, the debug logs I meant? Post them if you can so we can try to identify any issues.. Without them it's nearly impossible to predict.. Maybe even with a debug log it will be difficult but it's a start!

Martincape
26-02-14, 21:41
How do I access that and post it pal? Never had to do it before?

mcquaim
26-02-14, 21:44
not sure if your aware mate but Tunlr is no more.

http://tunlr.net/faq/supported-services-players/

Never knew this, must have happened recently? It will be back to the drawing board for us non-UK users :confused:

Martincape
26-02-14, 21:45
I'm quite surprised anyone from outside UK want to watch our shows lol

mcquaim
26-02-14, 21:47

Well, being Irish the standard here can often be worse... Having multiple poor sources sometimes provides enough content lol..

Larry-G
26-02-14, 21:48
Never knew this, must have happened recently? It will be back to the drawing board for us non-UK users :confused:

yeah was not aware my self but some one posted it on the forum last night.

Larry-G
26-02-14, 21:49

A lot of expats out there who enjoy having OnDemand shows from home ( cant fathom that my self but they do ).

Martincape
26-02-14, 21:56
I know it's not strictly legal, but can ya not get t orrent versions of Emmerdale/Eastenders etc?

Martincape
26-02-14, 21:56
No, the debug logs I meant? Post them if you can so we can try to identify any issues.. Without them it's nearly impossible to predict.. Maybe even with a debug log it will be difficult but it's a start!

How do I do this pal?

mcquaim
26-02-14, 23:19
How do I do this pal?

Enable debug logs in the settings ( Setup->System->Logs->Settings ) and restart.

Then try to play your programme on ITV and after it stops check your debug log in (home/root/logs) and see if it shows any issues. Download the log and post it here also..

Rob van der Does
27-02-14, 17:35
A lot of expats out there who enjoy having OnDemand shows from home ( cant fathom that my self but they do ).
Well, quoting 'Death in Paradise':

You want to watch English TV here? :confused:
Yes, is there any other kind?

Martincape
27-02-14, 17:50
Just made it freeze again, only lasted 3 mins now. When you try to watch Emmerdale, it is actually classed as UTV player, not ITV player.

chrcoluk
05-03-14, 19:40
where is missing 4od/5od etc?

Larry-G
05-03-14, 19:50
where is missing 4od/5od etc?

They were removed a long time ago due to changes made on their end with DRM encryption etc, their are currently no plans to bring them back as the work involved would be substantial and not viable at this time.

Martincape
05-03-14, 19:53
I've got it sussed now. We use 3 player to watch emmerdale. Doesn't stop halfway now.

But won't need it now. Figured out why it would t record it sometimes. When it changes transponder etc, need to set up new auto timer ;).

Phoenix, could auto timer be tweaked to detect changes in the channel it's linked to?

Larry-G
05-03-14, 20:06
I've got it sussed now. We use 3 player to watch emmerdale. Doesn't stop halfway now.

But won't need it now. Figured out why it would t record it sometimes. When it changes transponder etc, need to set up new auto timer ;).

Phoenix, could auto timer be tweaked to detect changes in the channel it's linked to?

andy added such a feature a while ago if memory serves, although i cant remember if it was in ViX 3.0 or the as yet unreleased ViX Zeus.

Martincape
05-03-14, 20:09
It's deffo not in 3.0 lol. Been the cause of a twining girlfriend everytime Emmerdale gets missed ha!!

Zeus???? Official new name???

Larry-G
05-03-14, 20:11
Zeus???? Official new name???

yup, It's been in the public GIT for a few days now so no point keeping it secret. The new image will be named OpenViX Zeus.

Martincape
05-03-14, 20:13
Who is taking credit for the name?

OpenViX Hades would have been interesting ha!!

Larry-G
05-03-14, 20:15
Who is taking credit for the name?

OpenViX Hades would have been interesting ha!!

It was a group decision, The image will now follow the Greek gods names, Zeus being the first.

Martincape
05-03-14, 20:19
That's cool that. Looking forward to it arriving.