PDA

View Full Version : question about updating channel list via panel

river-rat
26-02-14, 19:54
hi all i wonder if you help to my dumb question

i used catseyes 75w to 45 w

and as we know mgm went about 2 weeks .

if i go on my solo 2:
menu > setup > software update > (wait) pick number 4, update channel list only. it says updated, reboot box, yet mgm channel is still there and a few old ones that have moved

any ideas?

river-rat
27-02-14, 22:35
54 views and no one?

today on catseyes i see itv hd london says sid not in pat? but there is a signal? but not working

i tried the abm and working ok

so i removed his plugin, rebooted, re added and same

finbarr
27-02-14, 23:14
ITV 1HD also stopped working for me today. SD version works fine (in FTA bouquet).

abu baniaz
28-02-14, 02:12
hi all i wonder if you help to my dumb question
i used catseyes 75w to 45 w
and as we know mgm went about 2 weeks .
if i go on my solo 2:
menu > setup > software update > (wait) pick number 4, update channel list only. it says updated, reboot box, yet mgm channel is still there and a few old ones that have moved
any ideas?

When you update, it will use the channel lists on the image server. If that is not up to date, then you wont get updates. However, the offical website for Catseye's settings has last update as 15/12/2013. All his work is free, so I am sure that he will update when he is able to.
_http://catseyesettings.com/

Until Catseye updates his, You may wish to use Vahnnibal's one as his are updated regularly. I download from his server directly. He gets ad revenue from it.
_vhannibal.net. I delete the 28.2 channels/bouquets and rearrange before transferring to receiver. The 28.2 ones are maintained by AutoBouquets.

Larry-G
28-02-14, 02:32
The thing about using bouquet packs is that you are at the mercy of the author to update and maintain his work, for catseye this is usually once per month, so you either have to wait for him to update his work or do it your self.

as for the versions on the ViX server, rob updates these, they are usually upto date inline with the latest versions as released by their authors.

nsw9154
28-02-14, 12:45
is their a TV list built in to vix i think i read somewhere that it updates automatically but i could be wrong
i have read so much stuff about the solo2 in the last 5 days that my brain is getting frazzled :confused:
i mainly just want something to get me started so i can find TV channels until i get to know my solo2 it should arrive today :D

river-rat
28-02-14, 14:04
The thing about using bouquet packs is that you are at the mercy of the author to update and maintain his work, for catseye this is usually once per month, so you either have to wait for him to update his work or do it your self.

as for the versions on the ViX server, rob updates these, they are usually upto date inline with the latest versions as released by their authors.

totally agree that he has to do it in free time and glad he does it as i watch uk and my gf polsat and sky it

someone posted here that u can update via the .sh file? but that didnt work as well

if you go to http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42-Catseye-Enigma2-Settings-file-75-East-to-58-West/page13

his last update was Catseye E2 Settings File (All SATS) 15.02.2014

so why is this not being updated via the panel?

river-rat
28-02-14, 14:11
by the way i downloaded that 2 week old file and itv hd london works :) name change to sky oscars and mgm gone

Rob van der Does
28-02-14, 16:27
All plugins on the feeds (including settings) are only build/updated when a new image is being build.
In other words: as long as no new build is out, updated plugins are not on the feeds.

river-rat
28-02-14, 19:55
cheers dude for the reply

shame a simple, update channel list only, does`nt do what it says on the tin :)

river-rat
02-04-14, 19:08
so updated to zeus

guess what, installed cats eye and dave hd, baby tv and a few others not there and straight away gave me a update on zeus

so not sure how the feeds work on the software update, but nothing there guys for update

again was sorted by going to http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42-Catseye-Enigma2-Settings-file-75-East-to-58-West/page14 and not a channel update only from the box