PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] crash loop x22 after restarting

Walt
26-02-14, 18:15
32836 This is my crash log.

Walt
26-02-14, 18:17
This is my 2nd post today that mysteriously deleted itself when I went to enter it. The box lost the picture on the left screen so I restarted as I have once or twice already since I bought the box and it came back no problem. This time it said it was continuing the recording and then said it had an error and needed to be restarted. error log for 1st error and reboot above. there are 22 of them over a 10 minute period.

Larry-G
26-02-14, 18:19
can you provide any more information about the crash ?, such as did it occour after installing a plugin or changing any settings etc ?.
Basically the more info you can provide the better, even if you think that info trivial and of no importance, it may just be the thing we need to help diagnose and fix your problem.

Walt
26-02-14, 18:30
Thanks for getting back to me. The only thing I can think of was that I was recording something at the time. I have been playing around with the subtitles settings and timeshift settings today but the reason I restarted was because my left LCD screen went blank. That's rather annoying tbf.

Larry-G
26-02-14, 18:33
Well i cant see any thing in the crash log that jumps out at me but i'm not a expert in reading them to begin with, I would cut my losses and reflash the receiver then set it up again from scratch, remember to also make a full image / settings backup when you have the image to your liking, that way you can return to a working setup in minutes if needed.

judge
26-02-14, 18:41
Looks like timeshift prolems.

Start timeshift!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Timeshift.py", line 476, in autostartPermanentTimeshift
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Timeshift.py", line 517, in activatePermanentTimeshift
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 340, in open
raise RuntimeError("modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!")
RuntimeError: modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method InfoBar.autostartPermanentTimeshift of <class 'Screens.InfoBar.InfoBar'>>,()) failed)
]]>

Use WebIF to disable it & then see if it boots.

Walt
26-02-14, 19:01
It's now working absolutely fine after the 22nd automatic crash then reboot. Is there something I should change to stop it happening again?

Walt
03-03-14, 19:36
It appears that if you're using timeshift and recording and then restart the box after an update it doesn't like it.