PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo with a cable tuner

southpaw83
26-02-14, 09:33
Hi guys.

I'm considering buying a vu duo, but before I take the plunge I have a few questions

Is it possible to purchase a cable tuner for the duo to replace one of the sat tuners? And easy enough to fit it to the box?

Also, would I be able to scan the cable tuner from a standard VIX image?

Cheers guys, been a long time admirer of the VIX images

Rob van der Does
26-02-14, 09:39
No: the DUO has fixed tuners and no slots.

southpaw83
26-02-14, 09:47
No: the DUO has fixed tuners and no slots.

Thanks for the reply

I take it the Ultimo would be my only option if I was looking to add a cable to a Vu?

abu baniaz
26-02-14, 09:51
Same tuner will fit in a Duo2.

Rob van der Does
26-02-14, 09:56
There are actually several options, depending on the question if you also want to receive satellite TV.
1- Most satellite receivers, including the DUO, can handle additional USB tuners (for DVB-S/S2/C/T/T2). HoweverL USB-tuners will never be as stable as build in tuners.
2- Several boxes have tuner slots, and can have build-in DVB-C/T tuners. e.g. the UNO can have one, the DUO2 two and the Ultimo can have three. Also the Xtrend ET9500 can handle internal DVB-C/T tuners.
3- The GigaBlue Quad has two fixed build in DVB-S2 tuners and two aditional slots in which it can handle S2/C/T tuners.
4- Shortly available will be the Xtrend ET8000 (three tuner slots) and the ET10000 (4 internal tuner slots).

And I'm pretty sure I have forgotten several other options.

southpaw83
26-02-14, 10:01
There are actually several options, depending on the question if you also want to receive satellite TV.
1- Most satellite receivers, including the DUO, can handle additional USB tuners (for DVB-S/S2/C/T/T2). HoweverL USB-tuners will never be as stable as build in tuners.
2- Several boxes have tuner slots, and can have build-in DVB-C/T tuners. e.g. the UNO can have one, the DUO2 two and the Ultimo can have three. Also the Xtrend ET9500 can handle internal DVB-C/T tuners.
3- The GigaBlue Quad has two fixed build in DVB-S2 tuners and two aditional slots in which it can handle S2/C/T tuners.
4- Shortly available will be the Xtrend ET8000 (three tuner slots) and the ET10000 (4 internal tuner slots).

And I'm pretty sure I have forgotten several other options.

Brilliant thanks

To clarify, does the SOLO have a slot for an additional tuner, or can it only have one. Internally I mean

Rob van der Does
26-02-14, 10:22
The Solo has only one build in tuner, no slots.

southpaw83
26-02-14, 10:26
Many thanks