PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, Help setting up Vu+ Duo

fezz0121
25-02-14, 21:34
Hello everyone, I've just purchased a VU+ Duo. I'm looking to flash Vix image when it arrives, I have the files on USB ready to flash, but I'm unsure whether or not I need to flash the bootloader, or will the one that comes with the box be fine? The box is brand new purchased from World of Satellite if that makes any difference. Also what else do I need to get the box up and running. What are the main things I will need to install so that everything updates automatically without having to mess around updating every so often... so far I've seen things like autobouquets, swapfiles? and so on. Obviously I don't want to miss anything out, so if possible could someone just give me a list of the main things to install, then I will research how to install them myself. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Stanman
25-02-14, 21:41
Bought used?

Should not have to flash BL that will already been done if the previous user was running latest image and I cant recall if there has been a BL update for the DUO since release.

As for others

ABM
Cross EPG
Recordings
NFS mounts if you have any

fezz0121
25-02-14, 21:58
Bought used? I said the box is brand new ha ha.. Cheers for your input, i'll take a look how to install.

Stanman
25-02-14, 22:30
thats speed reading for you.

NO need to worry about the BL.

Rob van der Does
26-02-14, 05:20
There has indeed been an updated bootloader for the DUO, but that was ages ago. And since you're buying a new box, you won't have to worry about it: the box will be up-to-date.