PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Timeshift / recording problems

Fabvrs
25-02-14, 12:29
Hi guys, I am a noob with the whole linux receivers. I've had my vu solo2 box for a couple of weeks now and am doing quite well with it. I do however have a question regarding Timeshift. I have my Timeshift set to 2 seconds, when I'm watching a program and press the instant record button it only records from the moment I pressed the button. I've tried opening the EPG and selecting add timer and this only records from the moment I added the timer. With my old Sly box it would record back to the moment the channel was selected / beginning of the event. I have also tried selecting option 5 from the record menu, Timeshift save recording (stop after current event), this option then prevents a channel change. Is there a way around this problem??

many thanks.

stevejd2001
25-02-14, 17:41
you dont need to press record.............just rewind it

Fabvrs
25-02-14, 17:55
I don't mean if i've missed something but if i'm watching something that she doesn't want to and want to continue watching it another time.

weirskynet
25-02-14, 20:01
Timeshift will only record from a set time on channel for a set length of time say 15 minutes

The instant record will only record from the moment you press it until you stop it
Sky boxes are same only record from when u went to the channel but may have the limit of record set to longer say 30 mins hence why it may catch start of events

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

finbarr
25-02-14, 22:11
No need to hit record. Once you have permanent time shift turned on, do this to record when changing...

1. Pause the channel
2. Now change the channel. You will now get options to continue recording, or discard, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

judge
25-02-14, 22:15
Timeshift will only record from a set time on channel for a set length of time say 15 minutes
nonsense...

No need to hit record. Once you have permanent time shift turned on, do this to record when changing...

1. Pause the channel

again, no need for this...

What the OP is trying to do should just work (and does here on all my boxes) once PTS is enabled.

@Fabvrs where are you saving PTS to?

finbarr
25-02-14, 22:32
nonsense...

What the OP is trying to do should just work (and does here on all my boxes) once PTS is enabled.

Read post #3. He wants it to record. Permanent time shift doesn't save when changing channel unless it is 'off sync' with real time. He wants to watch later. So my steps will work for this situation...

judge
25-02-14, 22:49
Read post #3. He wants it to record. Permanent time shift doesn't save when changing channel unless it is 'off sync' with real time. He wants to watch later. So my steps will work for this situation...

That's what the record button is for though, no need to pause anything first.

Rob van der Does
26-02-14, 05:08
That's what the record button is for though, no need to pause anything first.
But is the show then recorded from the moment one zapped to the channel? Or from the moment the recording is activated?

judge
26-02-14, 08:40
From the moment timeshift kicked in, if you choose that option.

Fabvrs
26-02-14, 09:13
nonsense...

@Fabvrs where are you saving PTS to?

It's savin to a 1tb internal hard drive

Fabvrs
26-02-14, 09:16
When i press pause and the zap channels, no record message is coming up. I'm wondering if its a setting I don't have enabled.

weirskynet
26-02-14, 09:18
Yeah a setting in time shift menu should be an enabled to prompt you to save or delete I think

I have mine set to off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabvrs
26-02-14, 11:10
I have a development, I can now get the option to save timeshift as movie and continue recording. I have tried using this a couple of times and i find that I get 2 recordings in the recording menu. It saves the timeshift and the rest of the program as separate files.

Rob van der Does
26-02-14, 11:14
iirc they will be joined into 1 file if you let the recording finish as planned.

Fabvrs
26-02-14, 12:56
I did let the recording finish but it left 2 files

chumley
23-05-14, 19:38
Was there a resolution to this? I have the same issue that I can't seem to get it to record my timeshift and to the end of the event