PDA

View Full Version : PC died need a replacement

JimboM
24-02-14, 22:15
Looks like my PC died tonight, fans etc still spinning but no output to monitors. Guessing a new graphics card might fix it but it's a few years old and needs updating so looking for a new system. It's only used for internet, MS Office, a bit of streaming and photoshop so nothing too taxing. Would this be a sensible replacement or does anyone know of a better deal around the same price point

http://www.scan.co.uk/todayonly/index.aspx

No problem building it myself, just no idea what the current spec of components is and haven't got time to do much research as need a pc asap

Cheers

Trial
25-02-14, 09:07
Hi,
looks quite OK for the price. I seems to use on board graphic Intel HD 4x00 which is fast enough for most applications and a faster graphic card can be inserted later if needed. I started 5 years ago with SSD and I think at least a 128GB SSD should be in every system now. You get boot- and programm-start times you never imagined:-)

SSD only for OS and programs. Data on large normal HDD.

ciao

nsw9154
25-02-14, 10:58
the same thing happened to me on Sunday i normally leave my PC Running all the time but on Saturday night i decided to turn it off to give it a rest lol :( on Sunday morning i turned it back on and nothing scratched my head and decided to investigate :eek: then i saw smoke coming from the back,i think the power supply has given up
so i dug out an OLD Packard and bell imedia s3210 :( and man is it slow compared to my one that blew up as i built it myself AMD 5000+2.6 ghz Black edition overclocked to 3.4ghz and 8gig DDR2 ram, so i will have to put up with it till i can get a new power supply - and i used to think that 2ghz 2gig of ram was fast how times change :D