PDA

View Full Version : about to give up

Oh Crap
24-02-14, 15:01
Hi again
I've posted a couple.of times and got good helpful answers...I'm new to this hobby and bought a duo2 box as a starting point. I'm ridding my house of subscription tv as it is all repeats.
I feel pretty stupid at the min as I've followed the.advice given and still can't get it set up the way I want. Hers what I'm trying to do. REMEMBER I know nothing. And the wife will kill me if I don't show her it was worth the spend
Ok
I want to get the fta channels set it up so that the channels are one after the other because at the minute there all over the place.
I also can't.reciever cable tv (I have a dvb c/t installed)
Can I get the on the same list as fta?
I also want.to stream and download to the box
I have tried the ABM for the channel order but no joy.
I know I can record and watch other channels at the same time.
I can't get my.wifi connected, even tho it says it is.
I'm at the end of my teather here and about to give up.
Please help a complete idiot here

marty
24-02-14, 15:14
I'll give you a tenner for you DUOČ :thumbsup:

All joking aside, make a list in order of priority of things you need done and do them ONE AT A TIME :) do pass onto the next item until it is crossed off your list :D
I'm sure we'll get it sorted between us all here.
There is allot to learn, take your time and don't get flustered too much.

Rob van der Does
24-02-14, 15:42
I'll give you a tenner for you DUOČ :thumbsup:
2 tenners from me then! Shall we move this thread to the sales section :)

.....do them ONE AT A TIME....
Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Oh Crap
24-02-14, 15:57
Cheers
1st get the fta channels working
2nd get the terrestrial channels working
3rd organise them into usable order
4th tell wife all.is.good so far
5th learn how to use guide to set.up recording series etc
6th get wifi working properly
7th get browser set up to stream/download
8th realise I have more questions but they can wait till I gat the basics diwn.

I'm using VIX (preloaded last week)
Ok so fta channels received but in no usable order
Next up terrestrial channels

marty
24-02-14, 16:15
OK, 1st thing is setup ABM :)
If you are not sure how do a search on the forum ;)

Oh Crap
24-02-14, 16:26
I went into setting and found the ABM. I selected freest and skyire. Did a scan and found the channels. But this is where I get frustrated, it shows me everything even if I can't watch it, BUT at least I have the channels
Kids home from school so must leave till morning. But I'll be Doing some more reading up and studying. Thanks for help so far hopefully you'll be able.to keep me sane tomorrow :-)

marty
24-02-14, 16:40
You can cycle through the list and get the FTA ones only ;)

Oh Crap
24-02-14, 16:49
I can cycle through channels and when it show up yellow I can watch it. But I could be scrolling for ages before I get one. That's the part now that frustrates me

marty
24-02-14, 16:53
I can cycle through channels and when it show up yellow I can watch it. But I could be scrolling for ages before I get one. That's the part now that frustrates me

Press EPG then cycle the bouquets NOT the channels :)

You could of course choose FTA only in ABM

Oh Crap
24-02-14, 17:00
Ok I'll have to do that tomorrow as kids watch some S*y channel. Choosing FTA only in abm As in freest and NOT skyire?

marty
24-02-14, 17:01
Ok I'll have to do that tomorrow as kids watch some S*y channel

Send em outside to play :)

Oh Crap
24-02-14, 17:17
Hehehehe, one of them is 3 and really likes "HELPING" dad so for safety sake (as in.my.mind) I put it away...I will go through what you've told me again and make sure I have all working before I report back. Again THANK you this is what I needed

Stanman
24-02-14, 19:01
I'ii give twenty quid for the DUO2:D

Reading the thread right you want to set channels up they way you want?

Do a full scan and than use dreamboxedit to get the channels from the box and on to your PC and you will be able to drag and drop in whatever order you want.

tutorial is here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10938-How-to-upload-VIX-Silverfox0786-bougets-to-E2

Just set it up and rather than sending to box you chose get from box

Oh Crap
25-02-14, 13:45
Ok got the fta channels but lost cheesiest (kids channel) don't know why...
Still can't.get terrestrial channels BUT I think it's the current set up so I need to figure that out today.

abu baniaz
25-02-14, 15:39
I would have said the first thing is to ensure that the tuners are set correctly before going on to ABM. What dish/lnb/switches/wiring you have is one thing. How you configure them on the receiver is another. The settings must match the hardware.

When you say you lost the kids channels, are those the ones that come through the aerial or through the dish? ABM does not make bouquets for Terrestrial reception.

Oh Crap
25-02-14, 16:22
I would have said the first thing is to ensure that the tuners are set correctly before going on to ABM. What dish/lnb/switches/wiring you have is one thing. How you configure them on the receiver is another. The settings must match the hardware.

When you say you lost the kids channels, are those the ones that come through the aerial or through the dish? ABM does not make bouquets for Terrestrial reception. thanks.for the replies
As marty suggested I'm going to take this one step at a time. So to try to clear up my Initial problem. I now have the fta channels BUT I also have lots if channels that I can't view. I'm looking to be able to receive JUST the channels I can view. The sort order isn't really a problem yet
I lost cbeebies and the hd version, the most important channel at the min.

nsw9154
25-02-14, 20:45
I lost cbeebies and the hd version, the most important channel at the min.

was that by Accident or on purpose :D the same thing used to happen to me when their was something important that i wanted to watch ;):)