PDA

View Full Version : Rewind using one key press (no meaning pressing pause first with permanent timeshift)

jonathansollen
07-11-10, 07:22
Hi all,
Is there a way to change the key mapping so that I don't need to press 'pause' and then 'rewind' button to achieve the 'rewind event'?
I'm using the latest version of pli ant the box is a Vu+ Duo.

pooface
07-11-10, 07:33
If you install permanent time shift, it will allow you to do this...

Sent by my phone

jonathansollen
07-11-10, 09:09
What timeshift plugin does that?
I use enigma2-plugin-extensions-permanenttimeshift (1.0.0-rc18) and for that to work I must press <pause> and then <back> to rewind.
My problem is not to activate timeshift.
I just don't want to press <pause>+<back> to rewind...

pooface
08-11-10, 10:11
What timeshift plugin does that?
I use enigma2-plugin-extensions-permanenttimeshift (1.0.0-rc18) and for that to work I must press <pause> and then <back> to rewind.
My problem is not to activate timeshift.
I just don't want to press <pause>+<back> to rewind...

I'm pretty sure that with permanent timeshift plugin you've installed, it works perfectly. Just ensure you have enabled it in the menu settings, otherwise it will not be timeshift automatically. If you need to press the pause first, this sounds like you have not enabled it, and are first telling it to do a manual timeshift...

MalteseMick
08-11-10, 19:15
You need to go into Setup | System | Timeshift Settings and enable permanent timeshift.

jonathansollen
08-11-10, 20:12
I don't seem to get it working. Tried to uninstall and then install the plugin again, tried version 24 this time with the same result (enigma2-plugin-extensions-permanenttimeshift
_1.0.0-rc24_mipsel.ipk).
It is activated according to the menu.
Is there any other way to see if it's activated?
Or any other way to get it working?

MalteseMick
08-11-10, 21:40
Somebody may correct me on this, as I've been playing around with my VU+ for a few days while only installing a hard drive today - but permanent timeshift was already installed in my VIX image today when I went to do it.

Are you using VIX or another image?

nezzeo
08-11-10, 22:15
I'm on Open PLi, installed enigma2-plugin-extensions-permanenttimeshift_1.0.0-rc22_mipsel manually and the only way I can get timeshift to work is by pressing pause, then play and then rewind quickly whilst the recording progress bar is on the screen. Also, when I press pause there's like a 1sec delay where the screen goes black and I have to wait until it "kicks in" and pauses.

I'd love to just press the rewind, didnt realise this was possible..?

jonathansollen
09-11-10, 09:12
Using Pli - but might take a look at vix?

jonathansollen
09-11-10, 09:14
Sounds like my machine. The 1s delay and the mandatory <pause> button press. Listening to the others on the forum this is the 'manual timeshift' behaviour and not permanent timeshift?

pooface
09-11-10, 15:30
Sounds like my machine. The 1s delay and the mandatory <pause> button press. Listening to the others on the forum this is the 'manual timeshift' behaviour and not permanent timeshift?

I would recommend to try using the VIX image, but of course I would say that ;) :p As MalteseMick says though, PT is pre-installed in to the image. Just need to enable it in the settings.

Another thing to check would be the location for timeshift, although I would image that is ok if it works fine manually...

Since Nezzeo has the same problem though, sounds like it might be a problem with the plugin and the pli image...

jfk
10-11-10, 01:57
I have the same problem too with open pli. thinking of how to sort it out but no joy!

pooface
10-11-10, 10:45
I have the same problem too with open pli. thinking of how to sort it out but no joy!

Post a message on their forums asking, as they might not know about the problem. There might also be support for this on there if it is a known problem...

plusser
10-11-10, 11:40
Do I understand you correctly, that when running timeshift, you cannot rewind (go back) without first pushing the pause (yellow) key?
I am using the official image and have this problem intermittently (normally when timeshift is at zero), so it seems to be an in-built bug.

+er

pooface
10-11-10, 16:17
Do I understand you correctly, that when running timeshift, you cannot rewind (go back) without first pushing the pause (yellow) key?
I am using the official image and have this problem intermittently (normally when timeshift is at zero), so it seems to be an in-built bug.

+er

If you have the permanent timeshift plugin installed (as default on VIX image), and then enable it in the setup menu, it will wait for about 5 seconds as default (iirc), then start the timeshift. So, you can press the rewind button on any channel you are viewing, and it is already timeshifting...

nezzeo
10-11-10, 20:03
Here's a conversation I've been having with a guy on the Open Pli board (hope the mods dont mind me posting the link?): http://www.pli-images.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=65&thread_id=15605

He seems to suggest that he has always had to do the pause then rewind and there's no way of configuring it. Did anyone hack up the plugin on the VIX image to implement this functionality?

jfk
11-11-10, 14:10
Here's a conversation I've been having with a guy on the Open Pli board (hope the mods dont mind me posting the link?): http://www.pli-images.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=65&thread_id=15605

He seems to suggest that he has always had to do the pause then rewind and there's no way of configuring it. Did anyone hack up the plugin on the VIX image to implement this functionality?

Thanks,
I ve just finshx reading the post on th elink above and resign to the fact that it will not be possible with pli image....

nezzeo
17-11-10, 10:49
Just to bump this a bit, I've managed to highlight the issue on the PLi board and am hoping they'll review+fix. Fingers crossed

pooface
22-11-10, 10:29
Just to bump this a bit, I've managed to highlight the issue on the PLi board and am hoping they'll review+fix. Fingers crossed

Don't forget to post here to let people know if they do fix it ;)