PDA

View Full Version : Sundtek Media TV Digital Home III USB tuner-stick

tappari
24-02-14, 12:45
It seems this T2 stick doesn`t operate in OpenViX 808. In BlackHole 2.09 it does. What could be the reason?
Or it does operate in T-mode, but not in T2 mode.

Trial
24-02-14, 13:46
Hi,
have you tried the driver install script from sundtek?

ciao

tappari
24-02-14, 14:04
Offcource I have done it. The latest update you can have from:
http://sundtek.de/media/ssi.rar.

tappari
24-02-14, 14:19
And by the way. I have been having several conversations with Markus Rechberger of Sundtek by the phone and e-mail. This seems to be more of a image-question.

Rob van der Does
24-02-14, 14:41
Offcource I have done it.
Why this attitude :rolleyes:

If that was so obvious, the question wouldn't have been asked (by someone who's only trying to help).
And why not tell yourself the complete story then instead of letting us guess?

Trial
24-02-14, 14:41
Hi,
I only have the old stick so I cannot help with this problem. The old stick had no problems.

ciao

sundtek
24-02-14, 15:19
The device works with OpenViX but DVB-T2 does not work with it that is what Tappari means.

tappari
24-02-14, 15:57
Why this attitude :rolleyes:

If that was so obvious, the question wouldn't have been asked (by someone who's only trying to help).
And why not tell yourself the complete story then instead of letting us guess?

So just tell me if you have tested it? I have and it`s not working.

tappari
24-02-14, 16:04
The device works with OpenViX but DVB-T2 does not work with it that is what Tappari means.
So this is what Sundtek says. Tell me more. So this is my attitude.

Larry-G
24-02-14, 17:38
I'm sorry but even after reading this thread i'm still at a loss as to what your asking for precisely, What exactly is happening ? and what do you expect to happen ?, just assume that i have not used one of these sticks with ViX ( because i have not ).

Rob van der Does
24-02-14, 18:16
The only information I read in this thread is that a Sundtek stick doesn't work in the T2-mode under ViX. As that's all the info, one can't expect any solution.

tappari
24-02-14, 18:35
The thing what is happening, is that T2 technonology is already in Scandinavian countries and maybe also in UK. Your sponsor in UK seems to be sleeping. So please give them a kick. T2 tuners for VU+ STB:s are at the moment available in other parts of Europe. And so are Sundtek USB T2 tuners.

sundtek
24-02-14, 18:59
The thing what is happening, is that T2 technonology is already in Scandinavian countries and maybe also in UK. Your sponsor in UK seems to be sleeping. So please give them a kick. T2 tuners for VU+ STB:s are at the moment available in other parts of Europe. And so are Sundtek USB T2 tuners.

Someone else from Finland just reported that he was able to get DVB-T2 work with OpenViX, you might try to connect to the box and run:

/usr/script/DVB_T2_Tuner_autostart.sh

and reboot the entire system afterwards, only restarting Enigma2 will not work.

Rob van der Does
24-02-14, 19:02
Not sure what you mean: DVB-T2 is around in the UK for ages and works/used to work fine. What has sponsor to do with a not properly working Sundtek device?

Larry-G
24-02-14, 19:08

please forgive my ignorance but what on earth has that to do with the ViX image ??.

sundtek
24-02-14, 19:09
Our device is brand new so people have to get some experience with it first and various images. The driver installs on images we never even tested before, some startup procedure might be different than with those images which we already know. Definitely some patience and testing is required.

The current feedback as mentioned is that someone was able to get it work, but only after a full reboot.

Sicilian
24-02-14, 19:21
Your sponsor in UK seems to be sleeping. So please give them a kick. T2 tuners for VU+ STB:s are at the moment available in other parts of Europe. And so are Sundtek USB T2 tuners.

What exactly has this got to do with the sponsor?? Maybe you should push sundtek to fix the drivers if you have issues. They have access to public ViX images, also VU+ T2 tuners are not yet available in the UK. Furthermore we as a team have zero hardware from Sundtek to test with ViX images.

duoduo
24-02-14, 20:40
I have sundtek USB and had to install from the feeds driver menu dvb-usb-dib0700 (1.0-r6). Maybe try this to get a solution.

sundtek
25-02-14, 03:50
I just got around to test openvix with our old VU+ Duo

http://sundtek.de/images/settopbox_installer_feb2014.jpg

1. Install the driver using the (new) Settopbox Installer (SSI) and select DVB-T2
http://sundtek.de/media/ssi.rar

afterwards have a look at following video how to configure it in the menu:
DVB-T2 works with openvix

http://sundtek.de/support/openvix.mpg

http://sundtek.de/images/openvix_dvbt2.jpg

(unfortunately our Patterngenerator has some issues with the T2 Samplestream since we do not have any T2 FTA stream in Berlin, it has been reported that it works fine with a real signal in Finland already)

p.s some administrator please delete #19 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?35736-Sundtek-Media-TV-Digital-Home-III-USB-tuner-stick&p=270668&viewfull=1#post270668)

tappari
25-02-14, 06:39
Not sure what you mean: DVB-T2 is around in the UK for ages and works/used to work fine. What has sponsor to do with a not properly working Sundtek device?
So your sponsor has VU+ plugin T2 tuners in stock?

Rob van der Does
25-02-14, 06:55
The question was about Sundtek tuners, wasn't it?

The VU+ build-in DVB-T2 tuners are a brand new product, currently being shipped to the UK (living on an island does have it's disadvantages :) ). So one can presume retailers to have them available shortly.

tappari
25-02-14, 08:56
The question was about Sundtek tuners, wasn't it?

The VU+ build-in DVB-T2 tuners are a brand new product, currently being shipped to the UK (living on an island does have it's disadvantages :) ). So one can presume retailers to have them available shortly.
Not just Sundtek. Also plugin T2 tuners. We do have those already in Finland. We don`t live in the island, but quite north we are.:)

Rob van der Does
25-02-14, 09:10
You get me wrong: the question (this complete thread) is about a Sundtek USB-tuner.
DVB-T2 capable USB tuners have been available in the UK from sponsor (and other retailers) for quite some time, and actually a lot of people have been using them.
So I don't exactly see what point you are trying to make.

tappari
25-02-14, 11:26
You get me wrong: the question (this complete thread) is about a Sundtek USB-tuner.
DVB-T2 capable USB tuners have been available in the UK from sponsor (and other retailers) for quite some time, and actually a lot of people have been using them.
So I don't exactly see what point you are trying to make.
What I mean, is plug-in T2 tuner for VU+. Sorry if I cannot place the link here. It is against your rules.

proevoking
26-02-15, 19:14
I have this tuner as well on solo 2 and DVB-C does not scan any channels (manual scan)

DaMacFunkin
26-02-15, 19:23
Well I've become completely peed off with this question, about 5 times in different posts I have posted the 'exact' settings that are needed to do a manual scan with the sundtek on virgin media with a solo2 and a duo2 and no on listens, believe me there is a way to do if, I know I have 3 sundtek tuners.

proevoking
26-02-15, 23:13
lol tried everything, still didn't work... contacted sundtek they claim it's low signal... even though i get about 80-95% signal strength so what would you recommend then?