PDA

View Full Version : recording in progress problem

ac-milan
23-02-14, 20:19
hi guys

purchased 4 tuner vu duo2 from W.O.S two weeks ago

my set up tuner1 13e, tuner2 19.2e, tuner3 28.2

tried vix, blackhole and vti

the problem is after 1 hour or so of finishing setup, changing channels between sats, it starts to show tuner unavailable and recording in progress while i am not recording anything

solutions tried:
1- formatted the internal hdd, and unmounted it,........... problem still there
2- checked lnb of each dish and exchange them problem still there
3- changed 3 images problem still there

i am thinking now the receiver or at least the tuners are faulty, but before contacting the sponsor for exchange though to ask you

you might have a clue?

thanks

judge
23-02-14, 20:27
Could anybody be streaming from the box?

ac-milan
23-02-14, 20:44
i was streaming and though about it so i cancelled the connection and closed the port even re configer my router, still the same problem

any other suggestion?

Rob van der Does
24-02-14, 06:28
Disconnect the Ethernet cable, just to make sure no external use of the box can possibly be made.

stick50jr
24-02-14, 07:47
and disable built-in WLAN?

Trial
24-02-14, 08:59
Hi,
in another board there was a case where some chinese guys hijacked the box and started streams. With InfobarTunerState you can see what is happening on the tuner.

ciao

ac-milan
27-02-14, 17:17
thanks for reply

i have disconnected the internet and all seem to be ok!!!!!

once i connect the internet stays ok for a while then recording in progress again

i have put a new password but didnot make any diffrence

could it be hacked???

which means that i will never be able to stream again!!!!!!

any help guys, i am about to get mad :-)

cheers

BubbleBalls
27-02-14, 17:43
Change passwords on box and modem (admin) and not use default ports.

Tapatālker

Rob van der Does
27-02-14, 17:52
I think this clearly shows you have an intruder.

Be aware that such an intruder can touch all your private parts LOL
such as you bank-account.

ac-milan
27-02-14, 18:16
ok from what i understand changing router password will be pointless mate as long as port opened, am i mistaken?

also if i decided to do so, i guess you mean change ports "openweb" of 80 - 81 and 8001 -8002 as well, can you guide me please?

thanks

Rob van der Does
27-02-14, 18:22
First of all: don't forward any ports, none at all.
'Secured' by a password means literally no security at all. It's like closing your door and leaving the key under the floor mat.

If you really need to access any device from the outside world, you should use either a VPN or SSL. In both cases I can't help you, but I'm sure others will.

Anyway: close all ports, right now. That's the only advice I can give you.

Trial
27-02-14, 18:22
Hi,
there might be another indicator how big your problem might be. Connect with telnet to your box and simply enter wget. There is a malware which renames wget to -wget to prevent updates.

I would suggest that you do a fresh flash and use a different password.

ciao

BubbleBalls
27-02-14, 18:24
Most router supplied by ISPs use default passwords which are easily found with a google search. If someone is/has been on your network they will know what router you have. This is something that everybody should do when they get a new router IMO.

Changing openwebif ports may also help - again most people don't change these.

Most important then is changing the box details by changing/adding root password.

Tapatālker

Rob van der Does
27-02-14, 18:25
Oh, I forgot to say: the telnet command 'netstat' tells you exactly who is connected atm.

ac-milan
27-02-14, 18:37
hi Rob

can u plz give details of telnet, using which program? which command? telnet sounds great idea

marty
27-02-14, 18:44
putty is the program