PDA

View Full Version : What is the advantage of solo2 over a Blade Media 5000s?

BL888
22-02-14, 19:23
Hi all

I have a blade Media 5000s which i think is about to give up the ghost.

I read in many places that the box to go for is the VU+ Solo2.

What can this box do extra for the additional £200 apart from having dual tuners?

Thanks

Stanman
22-02-14, 19:38
What do you need bix to do?
Its better in every compaeison to blade.

Easier to answer if you tell us your need.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

manicscrewdriver
22-02-14, 19:42
Its like comparing a Reliant Robin (Blade) against a Ferrari (Vu+)

The Vu+ is much more versatile than the blade as it runs open source Linux firmware compared with the closed source Blade firmware. You can customise the VU+ to your taste, you are not stuck with firmware that was designed to somebody elses taste.

Nano

BL888
22-02-14, 19:55
What do you need bix to do?
Its better in every compaeison to blade.

Easier to answer if you tell us your need.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

HI

Many thanks for the response. I just need a good sky HD box replacement. ie the ability to apply CCCAMD, viewing of channels, 7 day EPG and repeat recordings.
The thing i hate about the blade is the channels, you simply cannot edit and is a pain when the channels change.
The dual tuner is handy to watch and record but not a neccesity.

Thanks

Thanks

weirskynet
22-02-14, 21:06
The VU+ solo2 is an immense box have been using it for a month now

U can setup any cam software u want on it and it has a custom built 7 day epg designed by the vix team

The vix images also have the auto bouquet maker built in to setup ur channels same as sky and can have them numbered the same also

You can stream from the box and use it as a media server and or player for media files downloaded from plugins like tsmedia

You also have the ability to add any size laptop hard disk to the box

The box is very powerful so can handle a lot and their is even a skin to make it look like sky

Blue hd2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazwa
28-02-14, 23:13
Hi I am currently looking at buying a vu solo2, but I am a newbie to all this but I have a good head on me to be able to work things out. So what I am asking for someone who is new to this should I get this box or is there something better to start off with. I want a twin tuner no matter what

Busterroo
28-02-14, 23:34
Hi Dazwa, I bought my first Linux box before christmass, a Solo2. I had no experience with these boxes before but the tutorials on this forum are excellent and the vix image is for me far more user friendly than blackhole. Since I bought the solo2 I have flashed and set up 3 solo2's and 2 duo's for my friends and workmates. For day to day use the duo is a great box and does almost everything the solo2 does but if you're like me and you want to play with the box and learn what it can do the solo2 is the box for you, it's sooo fast, stuff loads really quickly, it's just a pleasure to use. If you just want to watch TV save yourself a few quid and buy the vu duo. I have no experience of other brands so I cant comment on them.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8712-How-to-setup-picons-onto-usb-stick-ViX
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX
Hope this helps mate.

ronnie11
28-02-14, 23:54
Ive just had comfermation from w.o.s that my vu+ solo2 will be posted on monday cant wait, I already have the vu+ duo so im interested to see the difference.

chrcoluk
05-03-14, 15:39
I came from a skybox f3, the skybox f3 is about as cheap as they come and is adequate for basic sattelite hd viewing and recording, but make no mistake this solo2 is a night and day difference.

Immediate advantages of top of my head.

Proper EPG - the skybox f3 had pretty much no EPG.
Ability to store timeshift recordings.
Streaming to PC (or any other device that has web browser, media player).
FTP server so quick network access to recordings which of course is over gigabit lan as the solo2 has a gigabit lan port.
Very configurable, many many options in the menu.
Menu overlays tv so tv isnt interrupted.
Plugin system can download over internet, designed to be sort of like an app store.

Probably more stuff I have only had my solo2 for 2 days now.

It is harder to learn to use tho than something like the skybox but not that hard.

lee douglas
30-03-14, 17:23
The VU+ solo2 is an immense box have been using it for a month now

U can setup any cam software u want on it and it has a custom built 7 day epg designed by the vix team

The vix images also have the auto bouquet maker built in to setup ur channels same as sky and can have them numbered the same also

You can stream from the box and use it as a media server and or player for media files downloaded from plugins like tsmedia

You also have the ability to add any size laptop hard disk to the box

The box is very powerful so can handle a lot and their is even a skin to make it look like sky

Blue hd2

HI JUST WONDERING HOW I WOULD GET THE BLUE HD ONTO MY SOLO2 BOX? Do you know?

Larry-G
30-03-14, 17:25
you can manually FTP this file http://rossi2000.x10.mx/feeds/enigma2-plugin-skins-blue-hd_2.0.14_all.ipk to /tmp/ on your receiver then.

Blue button> ViX> Install local extension.

once installed go to. Menu> setup> system> user interface> skin setup.

weirskynet
30-03-14, 19:30
Personally as much as the blue hd skins is nice and looks like sky. Etc

Why would you want to limit it

I personally use metrix hd

Amazing skin

Can download it from the plugin menu green button then skins

Weirskynet
Living in harmony with his ,
Vu+ Solo2 , 😜👍😛😁

faruqi
26-04-14, 12:50
Hi,
I have bought a Blade 5000s last week, which has a great quality of picture and the quality is better than Blade 7000s
Though I am having a such a problems setting up with the new firmware which I have downloaded from here.
I am unable to access 9991 menu. I have done everything possible with no joy. I have Blade 7000s which works fine and have no problems setting this box at all. Please help me to set this box I will be so grateful.
Thank you.
Faruqi

mrxbox360
26-04-14, 17:38
To be honest i last year swapped from a blade bm7000s to a vu solo2 running vix & ok i had the advantage of having a m8 with duo2 to ask various questions & reading up on this & other forums,the emigmam2 boxes takes abit of getting used to but are worth the extra cost in the long run.