PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo Flash problem

garyblas
21-02-14, 21:31
I have 2 Vu Duo's. When i try to reflash them to a new vix image ( currently 808 ) one box will not flash, and its only 2 month old?
I insert the USB and on box 1 it flashes no problem. Do the same on Box 2 and it ignores the flash drive and goes to "Starting" have tried several usb all flashed correctly to FAT32.

Only way to get it to flash is to reflash the bootloader prior to image flash.

Is this a faulty box? Its under warranty as bought from sponsor

Any ideas?

Donnie
21-02-14, 21:35
Have you tried to flash from a different USB slot ?

One of the ones on the rear maybe ?
Also make sure your remove any other USB device and sometimes unplug the HDD

garyblas
21-02-14, 21:37
Have you tried to flash from a different USB slot ?

One of the ones on the rear maybe ?
Also make sure your remove any other USB device and sometimes unplug the HDD

Yes done all that makes no difference

Donnie
21-02-14, 21:46
Sounds daft but have you tried a different USB stick ? The real cheap ones work best.

garyblas
21-02-14, 22:11
Sounds daft but have you tried a different USB stick ? The real cheap ones work best.

Tried several all work in Box 1 but not Box 2

Donnie
21-02-14, 22:26
You tried an original image ?

garyblas
21-02-14, 22:38
Tried several Vix images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satmanbasil
23-02-14, 15:11
Hi mate

Try other images like vti blackhole see if you get the same responce also try loading the boot loader first then latest vix maybe a glitch in the programe
regards

mike1961
11-03-14, 20:55
I have a Gigablue 800seplus and I have the same problem. Its running openmips 2.1 and ivevtried to reflash with 3 diffrrent imageson using two different usb keys but no luck.

Sicilian
11-03-14, 21:23
Use a rear USB port.
Use a MAX 8GB USB stick.
Genuine Kingston sticks are best.
Format FAT32 using this HP Tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

Alec
11-03-14, 22:09
I have 2 Vu Duo's. When i try to reflash them to a new vix image ( currently 808 ) one box will not flash, and its only 2 month old?
I insert the USB and on box 1 it flashes no problem. Do the same on Box 2 and it ignores the flash drive and goes to "Starting" have tried several usb all flashed correctly to FAT32.

Only way to get it to flash is to reflash the bootloader prior to image flash.

Make a copy of the good box Image and FTP it to the problem box, and flash it that way.

Is this a faulty box? Its under warranty as bought from sponsor

Any ideas?

Make a copy of the good box Image and FTP it to the problem box, and flash it that way.

satmanbasil
14-03-14, 23:05
hi

just a thought but if you got a hdd or other usb connected to the receiver then disconnect then try