PDA

View Full Version : might be clone? hw error after vix install

micks_address
21-02-14, 20:35
hi folks,

i bought a box off a guy who swears its 100% original. It was running blackhole and when i flashed VIx after reboot i got a hw error message on the screen. Flashed back to blackhole to get it up and running again.

Is there any other reason for HW error with vix other than it being a clone?

I've checked out the pictures here:
http://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=82&pagenum=1

and unfortunately everything looks more like the clone pictures than the original :(

Stanman
21-02-14, 21:14
HW error is a sign of a V1 clone when running latest image

Donnie
21-02-14, 21:36
What version BH image is it running ?

micks_address
21-02-14, 21:55
No sure but its back in the box and going back to the seller.. i dont want a clone

weirskynet
22-02-14, 09:17
Buy an original from the site sponsor ;)

I did and no trouble with box genuine 100% real vu+ solo2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dfdream
22-02-14, 11:00
Maybe if people are buying second hand boxes best to ask the seller to put the latest VIX on it.

micks_address
24-02-14, 09:12
Its a minefield buying secondhand really (especially online)... the guy selling the box to me didnt even realise it was a clone.. anyway he refunded me after a big of arguing so im happy enough. I went straight on to world of satelite to buy a new solo 2 but they are out of stock.. so i found a local sat shop selling them.. 100% genuine box, got it home, popped my hard disk in it.. flashed with vix set up auto boquets and i had it up and running in a few minutes.. very happy with the box..

stevejd2001
24-02-14, 10:36
Maybe if people are buying second hand boxes best to ask the seller to put the latest VIX on it....makes no odds as ruling out clones...as the latest clones accept original vix with no patching.....best way is to buy from respected suppliers

chrcoluk
05-03-14, 18:12
I ordered from the sponsor on ebay, but I was lucky I only ordered 1-2 days before their stock was due so I ended up not waiting long and they shipped next day via one of the best couriers in the country to me so I was very impressed, they also pre flashed vix on there for me as well.