PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] button change?? bouquet problem ??

Alankellyeire
21-02-14, 16:23
hey guys just got my vu solo2(vix 3.0 build 802) had a duo running vix 3.0 can't remember which build

when im in graphical epg when i press channel up/down instead of bringing up the list of bouquets like in my duo it just brings me a day forward on the current channel. is this different because this is a solo2 image not a duo image or because this is a newer build than i had on my duo. i tried looking in setting but can't find a why to change it except have the Bouquets list show first when i press the epg button.
im finding it very annoying. anyone have any ideas to change it back or what was the last build with it the way it was on my duo?

or if u could point me to a list of vix builds with the differences listed also that would be great
thanks

Rob van der Does
21-02-14, 17:07
You can change that in the G-EPG context menu.

Alankellyeire
21-02-14, 22:25
i tried to change it in setup>system>epg>graphicalEPG settings but can't find an option to change it.

where is this G-EPG context menu?

Clabs
21-02-14, 23:54
Your Duo must be on a really old build because that was removed a long while ago. You now press the TV button to bring up the Bouquet list.

Alankellyeire
22-02-14, 00:03
yeah it was on a build from about a year ago anyone know what was the last build with that? or could point me in the direction to find out.

judge
22-02-14, 00:10
What exactly do you want to do / show, on what button presses & what screens?

Alankellyeire
22-02-14, 00:19
when in the graphicalEPG have the channel up/down buttons bring up the list of bouquets

judge
22-02-14, 00:28
when in the graphicalEPG have the channel up/down buttons bring up the list of bouquets

No current setting for that, channel up/down is now 24hr jump.
To bring up a list of bouquets, just use the TV button or am I missing something else here?

Alankellyeire
22-02-14, 00:34
i know but it was in older builds could u tell me where i could find out which was the last build with it??

judge
22-02-14, 00:39
i know but it was in older builds could u tell me where i could find out which was the last build with it??

Sorry, I don't know what build it was changed in, but whatever it was, it's hard to provide support for as a lot more has changed in the image since.

Clabs
22-02-14, 00:56
Alan

I think the build was 574'ish - approx Jan 13. The solo2 was only just released then so I don't even know if there was a version for that box with what you want.

Might be a good time to get both boxes up to date and get used to the new key presses that will at least be the same on both boxes.

Rob van der Does
22-02-14, 03:02
In the G-EPG context menu change the third line from above ('Always open bouquets...').

Alankellyeire
22-02-14, 13:52
ok i'll check that out. thanks for the info

can't get the duo up to date as it got fried by lightening that hit the phone line so did everything else that was connected to the router.

still can't believe they took that option out.

abu baniaz
22-02-14, 14:20
The option is still there.

Some prefer one way, others prefer another. At least people can customise so it works how they like. Persoanlly, if I press epg I would like to see what is on in the

You can jump within bouquets using the < > keys. The operation of this part of image is covered by help files. Press help button for more details.

Alankellyeire
22-02-14, 14:57
i know it is but i don't think it is as convenient as it was before as i would as i would say a lot of other people would rarely use the channel up/down feature as most want to see wats on in the other bouquet now, not whats on tomorrow on the current channel.

it not that big of a deal case closed, i'll learn to live with it or go back to the older builds

thanks for all the help guys

Rob van der Does
22-02-14, 15:17
i know it is but i don't think it is as convenient as it was before as i would as i would say a lot of other people would rarely use the channel up/down feature as most want to see wats on in the other bouquet now, not whats on tomorrow on the current channel.
I use both equally and the present way is very convenient.

FYI: I never watch live-TV, and I go through my most-watched channels once a week to update/add timers.

abu baniaz
22-02-14, 19:25
No need to go back to older builds, just change setting to what you prefer.

Whichever you select, you can still navigate around and check what on on another chanenl. I should have added, it is the < and > next to 0, not the ones next to OK.