PDA

View Full Version : what STB for bedroom ?

bellejt
19-02-14, 17:35
I have a VU+ Duo2 in my living room.I have a wireless network in the house with a acce point in the bedroom.

What STB would be the best for my bedroom with no sat connection ? I thought of the TM nano but that one doesn't have a display.
Vu solo2 has that but what would be the cheap version of that receiver ?
I do not need to record anything just have a stream from my receiver in the living room.I am using latest Vix img.

Larry-G
19-02-14, 17:37
The nano is a very good receiver for the price and you honestly wont really notice the lack of a display once you start using it, I know i dont. also as it's going to be used in a bedroom environment you may not want a receiver with a bright display lighting the room up in the small hours.

bellejt
19-02-14, 18:48
problem is to find him in belgium for a resonable price.Maybe the VU+ solo or a second hand Ultimo would be better ?

marty
19-02-14, 18:58
problem is to find him in belgium for a resonable price.Maybe the VU+ solo or a second hand Ultimo would be better ?

Buy from WOS, they send to Europe ;)

Larry-G
19-02-14, 19:05
yes a Vu+ solo would be fine as a bedroom receiver as would the maxdigital xp1000 or the octagon SF8 HD ( there both the same but the octagon has a display ). also there is the Optimuss os1 which is the German OEM version of the TM Nano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KXtj5kBWng although i'm not sure where those are sold from.

bellejt
19-02-14, 19:13
really good price off 129 ponds ( 156 euro) but probably huge shipping cost and only 1 year warranty.If there are no problems wih the receiver known then I would go for it if the shipping cost are acceptable.

duoduo
19-02-14, 20:43
Don't forget to ask the forum sponsor for your £5 discount before purchasing, every little helps..

bellejt
20-02-14, 13:10
the technomate seems the best buy.Most options.Would this work without problems for streaming over ethernet or Wifi with my VU+ duo2 ? The technomate has a 100 Mb ethernetThe Vu+ 10/100/1000 Mb.Is this enpugh for HD streaming ?

bellejt
20-02-14, 15:39
the Optimuss os1 is even cheaper.Would it work fine with the openvix image ?

marty
20-02-14, 15:52
really good price off 129 ponds ( 156 euro) but probably huge shipping cost and only 1 year warranty.If there are no problems wih the receiver known then I would go for it if the shipping cost are acceptable.

You'll have to ask the price (you can check on the site ;) ) it cost me £29 to have a box sent to France I would think its the same price for Europe.
Don't worry about the 1 year warrenty, if its gonna die it will do it within the 1st few weeks :thumbsup:

Larry-G
20-02-14, 15:54
we dont officially provide images for the optimus but there is a very good support forum here.

www.sat-soft.net/forum/

finbarr
20-02-14, 17:19
Just to weigh in on this, I recently sorted out my bedroom TV situation by attaching a Raspberry Pi to the TV. The Pi is running the latest OpenElec XBMC Gotham release, and by using the PVR+Enigma plugin, I can view all the stations from my Vu+ Duo downstairs in full HD quality in the bedroom. I was blown away by the power of it actually. Even the 3D channel works perfect.

If you need more info, let me know and I can post links, etc.

bellejt
20-02-14, 17:21
thx for replies.Just found on http://www.nachtfalke.biz/ the same openvix image for this box.Total price will be 138 euro.Unfortunately for the sponsor off this forum the shipping costs from Germany are only 9 euro instead off 35 euro (25 pond).

bellejt
20-02-14, 17:37
to Finnbar : interesting but would almost be the same price here in Belgium as the complete receiver.I count a total amount of 110 euro (pi + card + casing + powerunit).Maybe in the future I would consider this for the room of the son.If so i wil make a PM to you.Thx in advance.

dude1
23-03-14, 10:50
Just to weigh in on this, I recently sorted out my bedroom TV situation by attaching a Raspberry Pi to the TV. The Pi is running the latest OpenElec XBMC Gotham release, and by using the PVR+Enigma plugin, I can view all the stations from my Vu+ Duo downstairs in full HD quality in the bedroom. I was blown away by the power of it actually. Even the 3D channel works perfect.

If you need more info, let me know and I can post links, etc.

That sounds interesting for sending the channels to a Raspberry Pi. I have one with the older Frodo version of Openelec on it but didn't know there was a plugin to do that.

Might have to have a go at getting that working & update to Gotham.