PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 Recording Problems

jorrell0733
18-02-14, 19:42
HI, Im usually pretty ok in setting up the VU+Solo2 However, im having problems since i installed a Twin LNB as regards recordings. Everything is actually working perfectly ok and i can record one channel and switch over to watch another. The problem lies if im watching a channel on say 28.2E.. If a timer recording is set to start, the VU automatically turns the channel over from what i was watching rather than using Tuner B. I then have to switch back to the channel, and the recording continues as normal. Is there some setting to stop this from happening?

Also if i run ABM, this is supposed to use any spare tuner available, however this is not happening. I have AMB set to pull EPG data for Sly Uk only 28.2E, yet when it runs, my screen goes blank until the process completes. It is obviously NOT using the spare tuner whatsoever. Any suggestions would help

1. My connection from Solo2, LNB1, goes to motor and then to LNB port 1 on the dish (motorised LNB port1)
2. My connection from Solo2, LNB2, goes directly to LNB port 2 on the dish.

My Tuner configuration is as follows:

1. Tuner A: Positioner: USALS
2. Tuner B: Second cable of motorized LNB Tuner A:

Ive even tried swapping this config around to using the Motor on LNB2 to no effect? The box still turns the channel over to record for no reason, even though i can just change back..

I have also checked that my Timers are set to "Record" and not "Zap & Record"

Im running Vix 3.0.
Build:808
Kernel: 3.3.8

Please HELP! Im stuck! lol

Rob van der Does
18-02-14, 20:11
Apart from 'USALS': what is your tuner A config?
And I presume the tuner-not-switching scenario is with the timer recording from the same satellite as you were watching?

jorrell0733
18-02-14, 20:43
Tuner A is set to simple: Positioner.

Yes the problem is with the same satellite. Any satellite in fact. If i try to record on ANY satellite, ie if i add a timer recording and then watch a different channel on that satellite, it automatically switches to the timer recording channel for no reason as i can just switch back, but it should not be switching over due to "no free tuner" becausethere is a free tuner available!