PDA

View Full Version : TM-Nano OE HD or TM-800 HD?

stevenjonas
18-02-14, 19:11
I've decided to start with a cheap Linux satellite receiver. I have an old non - PVR Technomate SD receiver but it's time to upgrade to HD. I found my old Technomate receiver fairly user unfriendly but I've been convinced that they're much better now. What do you think?:confused:

Larry-G
18-02-14, 19:14
avoid the TM800 at all costs, it's the worst attempt at a linux receiver going and TM have ceased any and all forms of support for it, not to mention it has no image support from any one at all.

Andy_Hazza
18-02-14, 20:08
The nano is a cracking box for its price :thumbsup:

Larry-G
18-02-14, 20:33
The nano is a cracking box for its price :thumbsup:

Yep i fully agree, I have one my self and cant fault it, it's a brilliant little receiver and well worth the price tag ( plus a five off if you get the forums members discount from the sponsor ).

stevenjonas
19-02-14, 14:21
The problem with the nano is it does not have a UHF loop facility, which I think is quite useful. That brings us to the Gigablue HD 800 UE+ which does have a hybrid DVB-C/T socket as well as a DVB-S/S2 socket. But it is £50 more expensive & (more importantly) only seems to come with a continental 2-pin plug with an adaptor. Not very tidy.