PDA

View Full Version : new solo 2 problems already help needed!!!

Alankellyeire
18-02-14, 17:56
hey guys got my solo2 today after my duo's psu went dead after thunder and lightening..

anyways got the solo with blackhole but when watching tv no matter what the channel free or pay every 20 seconds or less the audio would cut out but the picture would play on. i suppose the best way to describe it is when ur watching jeremy kyle or something like that and they stop the audio when they use bad language.

i thought it may have been the blackhole image and since i am not use to it i said i'll change the image to vix(which was easier said than done) as i would be able to trouble shoot with with it easier as i am use to vix. but i still have the same problem. after installing vix i began fiddling around with the video and audio setting. but with no luck.

btw i tried the bbc's and other free channels it seems to be the same no matter what the channel.
its driving me nuts

anyone know what could be the problem??

Larry-G
18-02-14, 18:01
Have you tried a different receiver on the dish after the Duo failed ?. The reason i ask is because if lightning damaged the Duo, imagine what it could have done to the lnb on the end of the dish or the coax cable..

marty
18-02-14, 18:01
What your SNR like?

Alankellyeire
18-02-14, 18:04
my tv has a sat tuner and i have been using that since the duo went out and have had not problems

Alankellyeire
18-02-14, 18:05
snr is 99% and agc is 82% what ever they mean

i will play a video on it and see if i have the same problem

thanks for thw quick responses guys

marty
18-02-14, 18:10
Just making sure your dish wasn't off slightly after the wind :)
99% is good :thumbsup:

Did you use any settings backup?

Alankellyeire
18-02-14, 18:14
nah no settings backup i forgot to backup

just a bog standard vix

any chance it could be the hdmi cable same one i used before but maybe the lightening done damage to it??

Alankellyeire
18-02-14, 18:21
i get the same problem with playing back a vid.

i guess its time to contact the supplier. hopefully its something small that i can fit i will go mental if i have to send it back

Alankellyeire
18-02-14, 20:23
i managed to jerry rid something with a different hdmi cable but could not test the sat tuners as the coax cables arent long enough but played back a video file with no audio problem. so i guess its time to order a new hdmi cable.

im looking forward to running the cable thru attic.. at least its not the box

thanks for all the help guys

Alankellyeire
19-02-14, 16:35
i managed to fix the problem by changing the a/v settings from 1080p to 1080i. did this yesterday and it did't work but it did last night for some reason