PDA

View Full Version : help re Wi Fi

fast65
18-02-14, 11:50
Hi guys, suddenly developed a very strange problem with my wifi. Sunday night all was well. monday morning no internet connection. Spent several very frustrating hours on phone yesterday speaking to Orange tech support who tried valiantly to sort it out. In the end it seems like the problem is to do with the ethernet connection to the VU. When I connect it cuts out the wifi connection. I have tried a different ethernet cable but same problem.Has anyone come across this before.I am running latest Vix image using fraggle skin, and this has been working flawlessly. Would be grateful for any help on this. It onle seems to be the connection to the VU that is causing the problem.

regards

fast65
18-02-14, 15:59
it would appear to be mgcmd 1.35a which is causing the problem. Turned it off and wifi came on again

would it be the cam or could it be the line that is in it???

Rob van der Does
18-02-14, 16:04
mgcamd is known to be very old, and possibly unsafe. I suggest to use CCcam or Oscam.

Larry-G
18-02-14, 17:14
I use MGcam fine on my ultimo but it is known to essentially DDOS your home network if you have the logging feature activated in the config file.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

fast65
18-02-14, 17:19
thanks guys.how do I deactivate that

Larry-G
18-02-14, 17:26
Have a read of this, it should help.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?35532-OE-Alliance-images-causing-network-crash&highlight=mgcamd

fast65
18-02-14, 20:39
Yes thanks. I have installed 1.38c and checked that log feature is set to 0 . All seems well at the moment but at least if it goes again I will know where to look
best regards

fast65
19-02-14, 22:27
had an absolute nightmare with this. Was working fine last night but was gone again this morning, and seems to have fried my router. Don't know if that is possible but could not get it to connect at all. Have had to borrow another router and finally got it working. I have now deleted mgcam altogether never to be used again. Now when my broadband cable is connected my phone line is dead. Any ideas on that one.

regards