PDA

View Full Version : How can I zero my dish using the stb

mark T
17-02-14, 23:32
The high winds lately have moved my dish slightly. I read somewhere that by fine tuning the channel and returnung the dish to zero that would realign it. When im on a channel I can fine tune the channel to get a higher SNR but I dont know how to store it so it stays at that position. Can anybody advise please

Alec
17-02-14, 23:37
The high winds lately have moved my dish slightly. I read somewhere that by fine tuning the channel and returnung the dish to zero that would realign it. When im on a channel I can fine tune the channel to get a higher SNR but I dont know how to store it so it stays at that position. Can anybody advise please
There are different ways,depending on your setup, but without a crystal ball, you could send it to a sat you normally use and adjust the dish for best signal.

mark T
18-02-14, 00:46
There are different ways,depending on your setup, but without a crystal ball, you could send it to a sat you normally use and adjust the dish for best signal.

Im using a H-H usals motor and as I said when I got to a channel then try to fine tune it the snr goes up. Thats ok so I press the green button to store it but when I exit it everything and return to that channel the snr has dropped because the position hasnt stored and I dont know why it hasnt

john1000
18-02-14, 00:59
I have the same issue. If I turn USALS off, it stays but when turning it back on it moves slightly offline. I have just purchased a TM NANO OE with the latest VIX image supplied by WOS.

girginoz
18-02-14, 07:50
Realign the dish by turning the mount, not the dish, to original position

Rob van der Does
18-02-14, 11:13
As USALS does it maths to calculate the position of each satellite there is obviously no option to store any position. Storing is only possible when not using USALS.
But the trick is quite simple: if the SNR (don't look at the AGC please) gets higher when the dish is moved a step to the east, your position should be moved a bit to the west (or vice versa). The go back to the positioner and see if a step E/W increases SNR; if so, do the same again.
Do this in small steps and check the result after every position update.