PDA

View Full Version : QUAD 1x DVB-T vs 2x DVB-T tuners?

jerry2
17-02-14, 11:33
I bought quad with dual DVB-T tuners, but was it necessary? I have my TV and it can record any program on DVB-T with single tuner. What good is dual DVB-T tuner? I know on dual DVB-S2 you can record 2 programs from different transponders, but on DVB-T it seems it is not the case, I can record anything with one tuner...

Am I missing something?

Yours

Jerry

dfdream
17-02-14, 11:39
You should be able to record 2 different transponders (frequencies) on the 2 DVBT tuners.
Are they configured OK ? Aerials connected to both OK ?
I have PlayTV on my DUO2 and can record from 2 different frequencies at the same time.

I bought quad with dual DVB-T tuners, but was it necessary? I have my TV and it can record any program on DVB-T with single tuner. What good is dual DVB-T tuner? I know on dual DVB-S2 you can record 2 programs from different transponders, but on DVB-T it seems it is not the case, I can record anything with one tuner...

Am I missing something?

Yours

Jerry

jerry2
17-02-14, 11:50
Hm, I can record everything using only one tuner, that is why I asked why have 2? ;-)

But I see that we only have 2 transponders and 8 main channels are on one transponder and only 2 channels are on second transponder.

So with one tuner I can not record from 2 DVB-T transponders at the same time? It is not like analog TV?

I have coaxial cable plugged in one tuner and then pass through to second tuner, is that Ok or should I have 2 separate coaxial cables from my DVB-T antenna?

Trial
17-02-14, 12:01
Hi,
it is the same like analog/cable/sat TV. One tuner = one frequency/transponder. One cable is enough here unlike sat.

ciao

jerry2
17-02-14, 12:12
Aha I see, the problem was that we only have one main transponder in DVB-T, so I didn't have any need for tuner 2.

So it is good to have 2 tuners also in DVB-T :-) Same cable is ok, that's also great.

Thank you for clarification.