PDA

View Full Version : Service searching

Cabby
06-11-10, 15:40
Hi, I am using vix image 1.1 on the duo and wanted to check on new chanels i.e itv 2 hd
when i do a new search i only get 4 chanels come up all of which i already have. can some one please help. this is what i do
menu
set up
service search
manual scan
press ok to start
thanks

Larry-G
06-11-10, 15:43
try loading a new satellites.xml file onto your box before the scan. or load one of the newer bouquet packs that already have these channels.

Cabby
06-11-10, 16:23
Thanks, can you help with uploading, as i have'nt done this before. I have downloaded new sly bouquets( posted on 4-11). I have extracted & the file is now on fillezilla. Do i just upload ? Does it need to go in a specific file, & is there anything else i have to do. I am using a multi sat dish will it effect other bouquets. Sorry for so many questions, but dont want to mess up the box.

Maxwell
06-11-10, 16:36
Thanks, can you help with uploading, as i have'nt done this before. I have downloaded new sly bouquets( posted on 4-11). I have extracted & the file is now on fillezilla. Do i just upload ? Does it need to go in a specific file, & is there anything else i have to do. I am using a multi sat dish will it effect other bouquets. Sorry for so many questions, but dont want to mess up the box.
Use Dreambox Edit see here for tutorial http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...o-using-DBEdit

Cabby
06-11-10, 17:40
Hi the link does not work. says web page can not be found. have had a look for tutorial on forum can not see anything. any idea's.
thanks

Maxwell
06-11-10, 17:48
Here you go http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

Cabby
06-11-10, 18:42
Hi thanks for the reply. Can i ask, i have got the new enigma 2 bouquets on dreambox editor is it as easy as the tutorial says.
will it removal the old bouquets on my vu & replace with the new. Do i need to do anything to the vu box? sorry to ask what are proberly mundane questions.
thanks

Larry-G
06-11-10, 18:46
the new bouquets will overwrite the old. all you need to de is press reload on DBE once the transfer is complete.

Maxwell
06-11-10, 18:49
yes just follow the tutorial, it will replace the existing bouquets make sure when you go to send the files you tick the box that says Remove unused bouquets from dreambox, that will get rid of anything in there that has changed transponder etc and prevent the obsolete info showing up in your lists, no you dont need to do anything to the box.

Just to add to Phoenix's post Automatic reload is set to on by default in the tick box when you go to send so you dont have to do it manually

I, Brian
08-11-10, 20:43
It doesn't mention what to do if using a USB stick, though. :)

Sicilian
08-11-10, 20:49
It doesn't mention what to do if using a USB stick, though. :)

Whats a USB stick got to do with this thread? :confused:

Maxwell
08-11-10, 22:10
Whats a USB stick got to do with this thread? :confused:

my thoughts exactly ! I can only presume he posted in the wrong thread unless he wants to elaborate

Cabby
12-11-10, 14:16
Hi,I have tried to tranfer the new files but get an error message:
Connecting to 192.168.1.5.
Connected.
Dreambox response: Login successful.
** Getting directory list /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/* **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/lamedb" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer aborted
Error sending file "lamedb" to the Dreambox.
Disconnecting.
Disconnected.
any idea's
thanks

yngvekl
12-11-10, 16:46
Make sure you select "Enigma2 settings" in the options tab, and save...