PDA

View Full Version : East Europeans.

Conaxthewarrior
16-02-14, 17:45
Get this. Ive just come back from dumping a load of old clothes at our housing estate's scrap / rubbish dump & theres this east european character waiting at the dump enterance, He asked if he can come in so as to rifle through the electronic scrap bin to take away anything he thinks was sellable. Also, his cycle was full of old cycle parts he had "collected" from other housing estates dumps!!
After I asked him if he had lost his key, he says "no, I dont live here". He actually thinks I'd let him in & help him with petty pilfering? Worse than low life beggers these people.
Ps he wasnt interested in my old clothes either.

Stanman
16-02-14, 17:54
Nothing wring in that, his saving planet earth and recycling old goods:)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
16-02-14, 18:13
I have taken the phone number of one of them (not a fancy phone, basic one). They scrap stuff and get a bit of income. They have even replaced teh wheels on a shopping trolley with bicycle wheels to aid their activities. There is a native chap who goes round as well as an Irish family in my area.

The WEE arangements are poor for most locations. There are no collections. The councils want 28 days notice to collect bulky items, as if we know when our frideg cooker etc is going to fail. Dump it on the pavement and it is collected within a few days. I can't condone littering and would never do it. So we phone the scrap people.

ronand
16-02-14, 20:27
At least he asked to go in - most dont

Larry-G
17-02-14, 14:49
Round my way we have at least half a dozen vans goind around after scrap. And that trebles in the summer when the village is invaded by the gypsie hord. I have no issues with letting a legitimate scap man take stuff but these unofficial lot are just as likely to come back in the small hours to do your house over so they get told to bugger. off

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

pooface
17-02-14, 16:19
these unofficial lot are just as likely to come back in the small hours to do your house over so they get told to bugger. off

Isn't that more likely to make them want come back and one over you :p Although i assume telling themto bugger off in a more polite way?

marty
17-02-14, 16:40
Isn't that more likely to make them want come back and one over you :p

No danger of that for my house :D

Larry-G
17-02-14, 17:22
No danger of that for my house :D

mine either ( without going into details that could get me in hot water with the fuzz ) LOL.

marty
17-02-14, 17:28
I have 3 vicious attack dogs in the yard :p

Conaxthewarrior
23-02-14, 18:04
Could'nt agree more.

Conaxthewarrior
23-02-14, 18:15
My rant , in part, is because a large sign above the electronicly locked door to the dump clearly states that use of the place is for residents only, & he's there asking for my participation in breaking the landlords rules!! Theres another estate (diffferent ownership) in front of us & they have their own dump, no one comes collecting (or for that matter dumping rubbish) from over there to here - they dont have any probs.
Where we used to live, some people entered the stairs enterance & actually did another kind of dump - at least theres no prob with that here!