PDA

View Full Version : vu solo memory

lee11168
14-02-14, 11:40
running vix 8.0.8 my problem is my internal flash memory is going down every day at the moment in 3 days its gone from 53mb to 45mb.the only plugins I have installed are media scanner/openwebif/picture player/crossepg downloader.dont know if its relevant but most mornings the epg downloader is stuck on reading summaries and I have to restart the box.

stevejd2001
14-02-14, 11:58
use plugin cache flush it helps

Larry-G
14-02-14, 13:30
dont save the EPG to the flash use a USB stick / flash drive.

lee11168
15-02-14, 11:48
the epg is set to use memory stick

abu baniaz
15-02-14, 15:23
Create and activate a swap file. I'm sure the receiver is running out of memory resources and cannot finish the EPG download task.

Andy_Hazza
15-02-14, 15:57
My brother had a similar issue with his Vu+ Solo. the best setup I found was the following;

1/ You need a usb memory flash drive and set up a mount and initialise so its then formatted to the correct file type (ext3/ext4).

2/ Create a swap file, this can be done via the blue button, Vix, Swap Manager and the blue button to create. Go for the 256mb option if it lets you and make sure you select your newly formatted usb to create the swap file onto. When this is done correctly activate it by pressing the green button. When done correctly a greem tick should appear where it says enable swap at startup.

3/ Setup a power timer, this can be done via menu, Timers, PowerTimers, press the green button to add a scheduled PowerTimer. I would do this to conincide with an epg and ABM scan if you have this setup? So setup a power timer like this;

Timer type- Wakeup
Repeats- Daily
Starting on- (leave as stated
Start time- e.g. 3:00am
Set end time- Yes
End time- e.g. 3:30am
After event- go to standby
Green button to save and exit
N.B. This is so that lets say your box wakes up at 3:00am, Your ABM scans at 3:10am, CrossEPG then scans at 3:20am and then your box goes to sleep at 3:30am.

Doing the above will solve all your issues. :thumbsup:

cactikid
15-02-14, 16:14
confused were we not told solo 2 does not need a swap file in earlier images and is now needed or is it just in his case as my solo2 does not have a swap file and on 808 :confused:

reread thread again sorry its the solo thread sorry for confusion.:rolleyes:

abu baniaz
15-02-14, 16:15
confused were we not told solo 2 does not need a swap file in earlier images and is now needed or is it just in his case as my solo2 does not have a swap file and on 808 :confused:

This is Solo section. There is a separate section for solo 2. One has 256 MB of RAM, other has 1024 MB

cactikid
15-02-14, 16:19
yes m8 i just saw and redited,boy your quick today :thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
15-02-14, 17:54
Indeed Solo2 does not need a swap file, plenty of memory. If I were you I would reflash with latest ViX image and setup as new, no restore from backup and just install ABM, CrossEPG & Cam (whichever you use) and then schedule ABM n CrossEPG for a daily scan say; ABM say 4:00am and CrossEPG say 4:15am. Just put the bare minimum on first and see how that goes first.

lee11168
15-02-14, 22:13
My brother had a similar issue with his Vu+ Solo. the best setup I found was the following;

1/ You need a usb memory flash drive and set up a mount and initialise so its then formatted to the correct file type (ext3/ext4).

2/ Create a swap file, this can be done via the blue button, Vix, Swap Manager and the blue button to create. Go for the 256mb option if it lets you and make sure you select your newly formatted usb to create the swap file onto. When this is done correctly activate it by pressing the green button. When done correctly a greem tick should appear where it says enable swap at startup.

3/ Setup a power timer, this can be done via menu, Timers, PowerTimers, press the green button to add a scheduled PowerTimer. I would do this to conincide with an epg and ABM scan if you have this setup? So setup a power timer like this;

Timer type- Wakeup
Repeats- Daily
Set end time- Yes
N.B. This is so that lets say your box wakes up at 3:00am, Your ABM scans at 3:10am, CrossEPG then scans at 3:20am and then your box goes to sleep at 3:30am.

how do I change my usb stick to ext3

Rob van der Does
15-02-14, 22:19
Let your box initialise the stick.

Andy_Hazza
15-02-14, 22:26
format it on a pc to fat32 first. Then insert into your satellite receiver, then press the blue button, ViX, Mount Manager, locate your usb stick (highlight it) and press the green button to setup Mounts. It will prompt you to reboot if successful. When the satellite receiver has rebooted, press menu, setup, system, storage devices, initialisation, locate and highlight your usb stick and press ok, then press the red button to initialise. :thumbsup:

marty
16-02-14, 09:32

Timer type- Wakeup
Repeats- Daily
Set end time- Yes

Why setup a wake up timer to do an ABM scan and EPG update, then another timer to put it to sleep? :confused:
Works fine without timers.

cactikid
16-02-14, 09:59
i put my boxes into standby and it runs abm and epg fine,never had to set a timer for that yet:Dis the box in deep sleepand would a timer wake it up?

Andy_Hazza
16-02-14, 10:41
Marty,

Originally I thort the post was for a Solo, that's why I suggested a swap file n timers to ease burden on box.

:D

marty
16-02-14, 11:15
Marty,

Originally I thort the post was for a Solo, that's why I suggested a swap file n timers to ease burden on box.

:D

Swap file might help, but the powertimers to turn to box on for EPG and ABM won't do anything to help :)

Andy_Hazza
16-02-14, 11:41
Did for my brothers solo!! Without the timers it still hung on EPG data.

marty
16-02-14, 11:43
Did for my brothers solo!! Without the timers it still hung on EPG data.

Must be some other problem then.

Andy_Hazza
16-02-14, 11:45
Its running perfect now so no issues as far I'm concerned. Pooface suggested these to me and with his help all problems were solved quickly. Thanks.

pooface
16-02-14, 13:11
Its running perfect now so no issues as far I'm concerned. Pooface suggested these to me and with his help all problems were solved quickly. Thanks.

Yup, had mega problems with silo running crossepg with only opentv! Set a timer to restart the box, to ensure there was nothing in memory, and then all works fine...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

marty
16-02-14, 13:29
Yup, had mega problems with silo running crossepg with only opentv! Set a timer to restart the box, to ensure there was nothing in memory, and then all works fine...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That makes sense, but he said "wake" not restart ;)
Wakeup would do nothing :)

lee11168
20-02-14, 00:37

Timer type- Wakeup
Repeats- Daily
Set end time- Yes

did all this and its been fine since thanks