PDA

View Full Version : [TM-NANO-OE] RemoteStreamChannelConvert and EPG

d_f
14-02-14, 11:37
Maybe someone with the same setup could help me here with EPG and RemoteStreamChannelConvert,

I have a Gigablue Quad using twin tuners to pull the CrossEpg down at 4:00am which works perfectly, I have that box set to save the epg.dat every 12 hours to the internal HDD.

The TM-NANO does not have a satellite feed and uses RemoteStreamChannelConvert to share a tuner from the Quad, which seems fine (Until channels get changed by ABM and I have to delete the bouquets and load again), but the main issue is the epg from the quad, I have the Nano set to load the epg from the quad every 12 hours but it does not seem to load and I get just bits in the epg on the Nano, question is would I be better to setup a cron job to ftp the epg.dat from the Quad to the Nano every 12 hours or have I configured it incorrectly ?

Hope someone with a similar setup could advise me which is the best way ?

Rob van der Does
14-02-14, 15:42
1- You don't have to delete the client services when those on the server have been changed; just re-running RSCC does the job
2- Not sure why reading the epg.dat from the server doesn't work for you: it should. It is however possible that the EPG doesn't show, as the service references of the client's bouquets are different.
What does work however, is just tuning to a service of the server; then the client reads (and shows) the EPG from the server.