PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] OE-Alliance images causing network crash

MeeŽkat
14-02-14, 00:53
Hi, there seems to be something screwy going on with OE-Alliance images because when i perform an enigma2 reset my network crashes completely rendering my broadband useless for a short time...sounds mad i know but it took me a few days to realise what was causing this.

Now at this stage i am going to point out i dont believe in coincidencies because i sent a backup of my image to a mate and while i was talking him through hdd setup etc he restarted enigma 2 and our call on skype died. After about 10 minutes he phoned me on his mobile and said his broadband was down..he eventually got it back on.

Another thing i spotted is that when my broadband crashed after an e2 reset all router lights remained normal(flashing light but no orange) but on my modem the send/receive light was flashing like there was no tomorrow//its as if my box was uploading shit somewhere? very weird and rather worrying frankly.

I have also tried Open ATV and the same thing occured so i suppose this is not directly on vix but i thought this should be posted here.

Since then i have moved back to an image that is not OE-alliance and its not happened again.

Has anyone else had this strange issue/ i have the backup so if anyone would like to try it i can upload it here or an upload site

Cheers

MK

abu baniaz
14-02-14, 01:05
Just tried it on my TM Twin build 808. Thankfully not had this happen to me. Using Superhub 2. Just because it did't happen to me, does not mean that it is not happening.

Might be idea to enable debug logs and submit in order to identify cause. Are you using the same router as your friend?

Larry-G
14-02-14, 01:09
i'm running various beta build all higher than build 808 on 8 different receivers with no issues observed, not saying it'd not happening to you but it's fine for me so it may be something in your own personal setup.

pac2000
14-02-14, 01:17
Can You Ping The Box Or Access FTP/OpenWebif While The Internet Is Down??? Can You Ping Your Router, Or Open It's Web Interface To Examine It's Network Settings???

MeeŽkat
14-02-14, 01:24
Thanks guys,I am using virgin broadband and my mate has sly broadband/so completely different.

Yes i can ftp to the box no problem and get into my router no problem too.

I am using open pli at the minute but i can certainly put the image back on over the weekend minus personal details in configs of course and see if it happens again.I decided not to bother with logs as i just wanted it off tbh.

MK

Rob van der Does
14-02-14, 06:12
Well, what can I say?
All ViX-builds from the last years have been flashed to all my boxes, and they are being rebooted/restarted very often and I haven't ever had any network issue at all.
I know this isn't going to help you, but it suggests a local issue.

alba1978
15-02-14, 11:51
It happened to me and the cause was mgcamd. When i had it enabled and i installed extensions via temp folder and restarted gui my mgcamd will of start itself and as result my wire connections to the router worked fine but wireless did not. Soon as i manually started mgcamd it worked perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ronand
15-02-14, 12:26
A bad mgcamd config can cause this. A lot of people are using config files downloaded from the web which have logging enabled to dump to an invalid ip address. Turning logging off (setting L to 0) will cure this.

Larry-G
15-02-14, 12:32
A bad mgcamd config can cause this. A lot of people are using config files downloaded from the web which have logging enabled to dump to an invalid ip address. Turning logging off (setting L to 0) will cure this.

Thats exactly what i was thinking but could not for the life of me remember the post where i read it as it was at least a year ago.

MeeŽkat
17-02-14, 03:14

Bang on the money dude:)