PDA

View Full Version : Deambox Edit 4.0.1.0 Help on XP

silverfox0786
06-11-10, 12:33
Hey guys i use dbedit 4.0.1.0 on win 7 no probs i went to install it on my XP machine after having used 3 on it and im getting an error message every time i try to load the bouquets its same if i load from PC or retreive from DB. i'm tring to get them from DM500

Here it is

that message translates to:

' A' no valid integer value for field is ' altServType'

Any ideas anyone

Maxwell
06-11-10, 13:19
That looks very much like a program error, Did you install over the top of the existing version ? I would uninstall completely then do a clean install

silverfox0786
06-11-10, 13:22
That looks very much like a program error, Did you install over the top of the existing version ? I would uninstall completely then do a clean install

At first I tried the portable edition non istall and got the error. So I then tried installing it and got the error. Thinking it was as you said I uninstalled the version 3 and still getting error. I'll try a complete uninstall and see what happens.

edit: still no luck same error message no matter what i try even got ccleaner to clea up pc. went back to version 3 and works perfect. but i like the features of 4 so want 4 installed somehow

silverfox0786
06-11-10, 16:38
Dont worry guys i found the error it a prob with the actual bouquets as when i got home and tryed t load them on my win 7 machine i got same error message i'm gonna start again with the bouquets from scratch

Sicilian
08-11-10, 13:18
Dont worry guys i found the error it a prob with the actual bouquets as when i got home and tryed t load them on my win 7 machine i got same error message i'm gonna start again with the bouquets from scratch

I was going to suggest that, as looking at your screenshot shows DBEdit open ok, but processing opening some settings.

silverfox0786
08-11-10, 13:31
ah sorry i forgot to update post i found the true error dbedit 4 does not handle type 2 bouquets i tested this by opening a type 4 bouquet and it opened then i toggled that bouquet to type 2 and saved and closed application. then upon trying to open bouquet i got the error message. the unfortunate thing is once toggled to type 2 i cant open it to toggle to type 4 again so installed dbedit 3 opened it as type 2 retoggled it to type 4 installed dbedit 4 and vola it opened as type 4