PDA

View Full Version : USB DVB-T on ViX

RogerThis
06-11-10, 11:25
I want to watch satellite and DTT with the same PVR and EPG. I purchased a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T for using with Dream Elite image. But there were problems with the audio sync, so I changed to your image since ViX 1.1 came out. I'm very happy with ViX now and don't want to change to BlackHole. I don't want to fork out €100 for the Sundtek Media Pro.

Is there any plan to implement DVB-T on ViX? I would be willing to put money towards purchasing a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T for andyblac or whoever the main developers for this would be.

andyblac
06-11-10, 12:14
I want to watch satellite and DTT with the same PVR and EPG. I purchased a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T for using with Dream Elite image. But there were problems with the audio sync, so I changed to your image since ViX 1.1 came out. I'm very happy with ViX now and don't want to change to BlackHole. I don't want to fork out €100 for the Sundtek Media Pro.

Is there any plan to implement DVB-T on ViX? I would be willing to put money towards purchasing a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T for andyblac or whoever the main developers for this would be.

the problem is that i think ALL images that currently suppport DVB-T have sync issues, and i currently do not know how this works, i would have find a guide first and try to workout what need to be done.

so i;'m not saying never, just i/we would need help, if anyone wants to join our dev team to help code this please pm myself or any of the current dev team.

RogerThis
06-11-10, 12:25
I think the sync issue is on the Vu side. There isn't the same lip sync issue on the DM800.

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3442-Great-news-on-sundtek-lip-sync-probs-from-vu&p=24505&highlight=#post24505

It looks like Vu are working on the problem, hopefully they will have a fix in the next week or so.

irishchris
06-11-10, 12:32
yes. sundtek said in recent email that they had contacted vu+ support to assist on this and that the next official drivers are due middle of this month with the fix for this. :)

bob1
06-11-10, 13:26

I feel the same way ,with the release of Nueva TodoDream V-1.0 last weekend i thought there might have been a breakthrough with the other coders willing to share the info.

guff daddy
06-11-10, 13:30
Has anyone tried the SIFTeam VU+ image yet - I think they have drivers for most DTT including Hauppage. I think their drivers are open source as well. This is the link for the DM800 image Google Code page (http://code.google.com/p/openee/) I don't know if they have a similar page for the VU+ image.

silverfox0786
06-11-10, 13:46
ifits open source then i'm sure andy can ask to use the source to incorporate into vix as im never leaving vix i've become a true fan of vix and will wait patiently till updates come... well done andy you brill

can a make a suggsetion to andy with regards to the sync. possibly wew could go down the route of setting the dtt driver to permantly delay itself so that its recording a second or so on flas/hdd/usb then on the fly transcoding it and shifting the image/audio to sink it. its a basic logic i seen on sky box if you are to put a sky box and terestrial tv fron a areial on same channel next to each other you will find that the sky box is about 1 second behind. just a thought of mine

i wish i knew python i would have loved to helpout on this [i know anaconda if that is any use lol :p]

RogerThis
06-11-10, 14:49
Andy, I can pay €20 toward a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T, I don't expect you to be paying all the different USB DVB-T sticks.
Please check your PM.

silverfox0786
06-11-10, 16:27
Andy, I can pay €20 toward a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T, I don't expect you to be paying all the different USB DVB-T sticks.
Please check your PM.

if your putting in a 20 euro donation for the stick then you an just click donate at top of page and sic will make sure its put toward the nova stick

RogerThis
06-11-10, 17:11
if your putting in a 20 euro donation for the stick then you an just click donate at top of page and sic will make sure its put toward the nova stick

£20 donated for a Nova Stick.

givecredit
06-11-10, 17:31
The benefits of DTT available on VU+DUO in UK and Ireland are huge. There are many channels available free to air on DTT that are not free on satellite, in the UK eg dave and History that many UK viewers would like to access on Duo. Similarly in Ireland, the irish would like to be able to view their national channels free on Duo, ie RTE, TV3 and TG4. Hopefully between Vu+ Firmware fixes and VIX team a solution can be founds that suits everyone.

bob1
06-11-10, 18:21
Has anyone tried the SIFTeam VU+ image yet - I think they have drivers for most DTT including Hauppage. I think their drivers are open source as well. This is the link for the DM800 image Google Code page (http://code.google.com/p/openee/) I don't know if they have a similar page for the VU+ image.

I didn't even know that sif had done anything with the duo, i will try it out tomorrow.

RogerThis
06-11-10, 21:24
USB DVB-T was the most popular request feature on the wishlist poll, getting more that 50% of the poll.
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2556-ViX-Team-Image-Wishlist-Poll

Also getting USB DVB-T working in ViX would be the final death nail for Black Hole. DTT is the only reason people would move to that ugly image.

bob1
07-11-10, 09:12
I have the sif team image on at the moment, i can't get the nova-t working , i have downloaded the driver but it doesn't appear in the tuners list and my freeview bouquet remains grayed out ,i will try again later.

bob1
07-11-10, 10:26
Can't get it to work at all, retried a few times now with same result ,looks like no chance of an online cam download either ,looks like they have been removed from the server,maybe the reason they got the drivers.

RogerThis
07-11-10, 11:09
Can't get it to work at all, retried a few times now with same result ,looks like no chance of an online cam download either ,looks like they have been removed from the server,maybe the reason they got the drivers.

Did you try the USB version or the other version?

bob1
07-11-10, 12:01
usb version, ,looks like a bug which they are looking at ,also asked about the cam downloads.

guff daddy
07-11-10, 12:38
I have SIFTeam Extreme Edition working on my DM800 and the USB driver for the Hauppauge Nova-T is not (strangely enough) the Hauppauge driver but the driver called "devices based on DIBCOM DIB0700" - try that one and see...

The image also needs an extra URL (url2.conf) to be added to the etc\enigma2 directory for access to downloading cams...search their website for this...

bob1
07-11-10, 12:59
Just tried "devices based on DIBCOM DIB0700" still nothing.

bob1
07-11-10, 13:27
Been told on their site that they don't support cams, i guess my theory might hold some weight.

RogerThis
07-11-10, 16:04
I've just tried the SIFTeam Extreme Edition image too. I installed the WinTV Nova-T driver and reboot, but no extra tuner was added.
I also tried devices based on DIBCOM DIB0700, but same result.

Do you need to start or activate the USB Tuner after driver install?
Is there any thing else needed to be installed along with the driver?

bob1
07-11-10, 19:05
Got the same here , they did say on their site though that some more work needs doing.

Palinkat
07-11-10, 19:18
Hello All,

As IrishChris did I took the plunge and bought a Sundtek MediaTV Pro from Sundtek.de, it was 100 euros but I think worth it. The stick works great and Sundtek are supporting the platform with updated drivers coming later this month.
Right now there's an out of synch audio bug but the guys at Sundtek have fixed it in the next driver update. they are working with VUplus so with a bit of luck, the drivers will be inlcuded in the next image. They have also created a nice control panel to start/auto-start etc.. All in all, it takes 15 mins to install and tune.
IrishChris already posted the drivers and panel here.
Hope this helps

bob1
07-11-10, 19:39
Thanks for that ,however a lot of people bought the nova-t when de brought out the drivers for this as it was on offer at the time and is much cheaper than the Sundtek MediaTV Pro ,i don't think it is worth the price myself ,i think i paid around £25 for the nova-t.
At the end of the day its not the end of the world but would be nice to get this working ,Nueva TodoDream V-1.0 as it working but has other issues i'm sure these will be sorted out.

RogerThis
07-11-10, 19:45
hi all

contacted sundtek again last night for update on the lip sync issue i reported to them and they forwarded me the email they got back this morning from vu+ support.

"Dear all,

New driver, to be released by the mid of this month,

will resolve all the problems related with lipsync.

Moreover, some minor bugs will be also fixed at that version.

Thanks and best regards "

am delighted for one as was only issue i have with my vu+. so fingers crossed that vu+/sundtek keep to their word. :)

I think from this post, that Vuplus are going to fix the bug not Sundtek.
Maybe irishchris could clear this up?

If it's Vuplus that's fixing the bug it's good news for all USB DVB-T. The Sundtek one is a bit too expensive for me.

I've another few questions too.
1. Would you need a second USB DVB-T to record one, watch one?
2. Had any body tried two USB DVB-T?

givecredit
07-11-10, 20:20
If the channels are all on one mux you can record all dtt channels at one time. For example in Ireland the National channels are all on one mux. So it would be possible to record the five channels available on it at one time with one usb stick. This already works for me with a dreambox 800 and €30 avermedia usb stick. This would also leave the 2 sat tuners free on Duo. (Or the one tuner on 800)

guff daddy
07-11-10, 20:35
I've just tried the SIFTeam Extreme Edition image too. I installed the WinTV Nova-T driver and reboot, but no extra tuner was added.
I also tried devices based on DIBCOM DIB0700, but same result.

Do you need to start or activate the USB Tuner after driver install?
Is there any thing else needed to be installed along with the driver?

Again, I haven't tried this on my VU+ but on my DM800 (VU+ is for watching TV, DM800 is for messing around...)

On the DM800 once the driver is installed and you have done a full reboot the USB tuner is available as a second tuner in Menu/Setup/Services/Tuner (or something like that)

guff daddy
07-11-10, 20:37
If the channels are all on one mux you can record all dtt channels at one time. For example in Ireland the National channels are all on one mux. So it would be possible to record the five channels available on it at one time with one usb stick. This already works for me with a dreambox 800 and €30 avermedia usb stick. This would also leave the 2 sat tuners free on Duo. (Or the one tuner on 800)

With the DM800 and SIFteam image if you record on the USB tuner the other DTT channels are all available - however the sat channels are no longer available ("No Free Tuner"). This is probably a bug, though...

Stanman
07-11-10, 21:09
Are any of the T tuners HD?

silverfox0786
07-11-10, 21:15
Are any of the T tuners HD?

no mate no usb DTT tuner is available in hd

Palinkat
07-11-10, 22:38
Actually, DVB-T tunners will do HD too. It's just an MPEG 4 stream that gets decoded by the box. I was watching the HD test stream earlier on without any problem.

silverfox0786
07-11-10, 22:43
wicked im glad thats the case now i dont mind spending on the sundtek. can you confirm it is a HD sygnal your receiving though does the skin show the HD logo

Palinkat
07-11-10, 22:49
Yep, proper HD signal 1440*1080, if you call that proper HD resolution :)

RogerThis
07-11-10, 23:51
Yep, proper HD signal 1440*1080, if you call that proper HD resolution :)

Is HD only on the Sundtek tuner or will it work on the Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T?

givecredit
08-11-10, 00:57
Be careful with the USB DTT tuner and HD. The usb tuner will decode the HD on Irish DTT as its MPEG4 T1. It will not decode the UK HD DTT transmissions as a T2 tuner is required.

So if you are in UK, no hd, If you are in Ireland or most other countries in europe your fine. Hd will decode with usb dtt tuner.

irishchris
08-11-10, 01:12
I think from this post, that Vuplus are going to fix the bug not Sundtek.
Maybe irishchris could clear this up?

If it's Vuplus that's fixing the bug it's good news for all USB DVB-T. The Sundtek one is a bit too expensive for me.

hi sundtek contacted vu support and together worked on sync prob so drivers been released by vuplus later this month according to sundtek support

SOLO MAN
08-11-10, 14:56
I have Afatech USB DVB-T (AF9015 chipset) tuner that is similar to AVerTV Volar Black HD, but much cheaper (8 USD on ebay).

I will try Sifteam image and post pics if it works when I get back from work.

info: VIX image recognized this USB device as Afatech DVB-T2 tuner

tiopepe
08-11-10, 16:38
I have Afatech USB DVB-T (AF9015 chipset) tuner that is similar to AVerTV Volar Black HD, but much cheaper (8 USD on ebay).

I will try Sifteam image and post pics if it works when I get back from work.

info: VIX image recognized this USB device as Afatech DVB-T2 tuner
Did Afatech USB DVB-T (AF9015 chipset) tuner work on Vix 1.2 image?

Thanks

bob1
08-11-10, 18:07

I manged to record 7 channels with mine ,so i could have easily watched any of the others as long as its in the same mux ,which is all the main channels here since the reshuffle.

bob1
08-11-10, 19:08
Just tying the latest gigant image and the usb dvb-t works fine( apart from the odd lipsync), basically its the new black hole with added extras.

RogerThis
09-11-10, 14:36
There another Sifteam image out: r107
Have tried it out yet.

bob1
09-11-10, 17:47
No not yet, i give it a go later to see if they have sorted the tuner problem out.

bob1
09-11-10, 18:34
Tried it still the same result, nothing in the tuners list ,i must be missing something.

RogerThis
12-11-10, 08:58
New vuplus firmware 5.4 fixes audio sync problem
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3723-New-Image-%28V5.4%29-Released

Also the Sifteam have the Happauge WinTV working on r107. (not tested by me)
hxxp://forum.sifteam.eu/vu-duo/83715-vuduo-happauge-sif.html

Could somebody on the ViX team start working on this please!

silverfox0786
12-11-10, 14:22
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3723-New-Image-%28V5.4%29-Released

I dont think it as simple as that as andy said he does not know what he is looking for and needs help so unill that understanding or help is there the drivers will be put on hold

bob1
12-11-10, 18:03

I will retry the sif team image again when i get chance, good news on the new drivers.

Sicilian
12-11-10, 18:18
If anyone wants to buy some USB tuners for the ViX team to test with please feel free to offer :D

bob1
12-11-10, 18:30
Didn't someone offer to buy on the other day for andy , still can't get the sif one to work, still trying though.

silverfox0786
12-11-10, 18:35
Didn't someone offer to buy on the other day for andy , still can't get the sif one to work, still trying though.

that was rogerthis and he made the offer for the nova-t

every one can they please donate only £1 thats less than your lunch money and im sure in a few hours i'm sure we will have the funds to buy one

Sic can you put a sundtek donation section in your paypal donate link i'll be the first to donate

Edit: i've started the collection and donated £5 come on every one please chip in its for your benefit you will get your longed for drivers then

bassethound
12-11-10, 19:28
I am going to order a sundtek next week to test on the Duo/Solo but they are showing out of stock at the moment must be really popular?

http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks-oxid/Sundtek-MediaTV-Pro-DVB-CT-Radio-AnalogTV.html