PDA

View Full Version : Recording problem - possible conflict between channel on 28.2 and DVB-T?

Mr_D
13-02-14, 10:41
Hello,

First post on WoS. Recently moved from $ky to Freesat (28.2E/19.2E) + Saorview (Irish terrestrial). Gear includes Solo2 and PCTV 290e, software is latest OpenVIX and CrossEPG + AutoBouquetMaker. I also have kept my old $ky card in the Solo2 with CCam to access a few extra Free to View channels (like Sony*).

All tuners recognised fine, all channels tuned in, and got channels of interest (from 28.2, 19.2 and PCTV290e) grouped in a single Bouquet.

Problem is: when I select a programme to record (using either "Use Auto timer" or through an "EPG Search") on one of the Saorview channels (e.g, RTE1), the recording seems to start but fail straight away - an entry is created on MovieList but with size 0MB and length 0:00. Recording one of these channels as live TV (by pressing Record on the remote) works perfectly well however. Funny thing is, the Saorview channels do not display their logo in the EPG.... but the empty listing on the MovieList displays the proper Channel logo (I have the picons for 28.2E/19E).

So likely explanation is that the PVR attempts to tune in the satellite feed to record these channels (as they are also available from $ky Ireland) instead of the DVB-T tuner. Anyone could suggest a fix? E.g., is it possible to "bind" specific channels to a specific tuner (use DVB-T only - I think I can do this manually by editing entries in the Timer recording list - tedious)? Or maybe to "erase" these channels manually from the satellite listing so that they're only available from DVB-T? Or possibly to change the priorities (e.g., use DVB-T first - though the problem here is that this would also apply to the UK freeview channels from NI and I prefer to get those through freesat as I have 2 DVB-S2 tuners but only one DVB-T2 tuner).

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Mr_D

DaMacFunkin
13-02-14, 20:19
You cant do any binding, you can choose DVB-T as your preferred Tuner, but if your watching a channel on the tuner when the channel wants to record it will try to do it from the sat, only other thing you could do is find what transponder rte1 is on and delete it from your sat config (i Think..).

Mr_D
02-03-14, 21:46
Just in case this can help someone with a similar problem - the work-around I used is to group all my favourite channels in a user-defined bouquet (surprisingly quick and easy using DremBoxEdit). Then, assuming an Auto timer entry has been created previously, select this entry in the Auto timer list, select "Edit Services" (blue), then set "Enable service restrictions" to "enable", select "Bouquet" (instead of the default "Channel"), select "New" (blue) and then just select the appropriate bouquet from the list (in this case your user-defined bouquet). Then do not forget to OK (twice) and save.

Benefits: only channels in the selected bouquet will be searched - so you can still pick out series across multiple channels, while making sure that recording are made from accessible (non encrypted) and HD channels. This solved the problem initially reported.