PDA

View Full Version : Ntsc mode

Tunder
13-02-14, 05:05
Hello Gentleman
I will be receiving my ne VU+ DUO2 in about 2 weeks and I am getting information for setting it up, I have to set the receiver to NTSC mode because I live in the USA, by default it comes set to PAL MODE.
I was not able to locate any information on this matter, my question is, What is the easiest way to set it to NTSC.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Tunder

Rob van der Does
13-02-14, 06:20
NTSC is only applicable when using Scart with the colour format RGB or CVBS. The choice between PAL & NTSC is made in the A/V-settings under scart.
When using HDMI (as you really should do whenever possible) there is no such choice, as the signal is universal.

eastof111
13-02-14, 19:56
The easiest way for me was:

Hookup component (RGB) and HDMI inputs from DUO2 to your tv and select the component input. Upon initial boot process, a distorted picture will display in 50 hz, but viewable and you will be asked to select your display format. When you select 1080i 60hz, you can switch your tv back to the HDMI input and it should display correctly

Be aware that should you decide to test other images, you will have to repeat this process. After you have all your settings finalized along with your favorite bouquets, etc., you might do a FULL backup (it's in the system menu) to your usb stick. Should your set ever have a hiccup, you can restore everything using the usb stick to it's original glory.

Tunder
14-02-14, 04:56
Gentleman, I thank you for this information.
Regards.
Tunder

wbarrett
25-02-14, 03:14
The easiest way for me was:

Hookup component (RGB) and HDMI inputs from DUO2 to your tv and select the component input. Upon initial boot process, a distorted picture will display in 50 hz, but viewable and you will be asked to select your display format. When you select 1080i 60hz, you can switch your tv back to the HDMI input and it should display correctly

Be aware that should you decide to test other images, you will have to repeat this process. After you have all your settings finalized along with your favorite bouquets, etc., you might do a FULL backup (it's in the system menu) to your usb stick. Should your set ever have a hiccup, you can restore everything using the usb stick to it's original glory.

Thanks Eastof111.... It is a fact that getting HDMI working on 60hz is a pain to get working. I had to do this using component video and could only get 480p working until the Vu+ Duo2 decided to have mercy on me and for some reason 1080p started working.

===
Bill

Rob van der Does
25-02-14, 05:00
Do I understand correctly that your TV only supports 60Hz?

wbarrett
25-02-14, 18:47
Yes. Very common in USA.

===
Bill

Rob van der Does
25-02-14, 20:37
Hmmm, strange. We only have TV's supporting both 50 & 60 Hz.