PDA

View Full Version : Missing Channels in Italy - Confused

welby
12-02-14, 21:06
Hi,

I have a friend in Italy using a VU+ Duo and all of a sudden he lost all the BBC channels and a few more besides and was getting "Tune Fail" when selecting BBC channels

They have replaced the LNB as we thought the polariser had failed in the LNB but no, the new one was the same - missing BBC channels.

We have tried swapping over the cable to the second Tuner but that still does not fix the issue.

WE have tried all the different settings files and still no BBC.

My hunch is that is is the tuner is failing to control the polarisation as the BBC channels show no SNR.

We are using the simple tuner config.

Any help appreciated.

Larry-G
12-02-14, 21:25
sky has migrated the BBC / ITV / CH4 channels among others to it's new satellite ( Astra 28E ), this has a much tighter spot beam for the uk and as such has cut off a lot of Europe from watching these channels.

twol
13-02-14, 11:43
there are endless threads on this issue on other WEB sites, including maps showing the required (new) dish size to pick up these signals.
Your location is important, as there are areas that will not receive without a significant increase in dish size.

Bottom line is that in Italy you will need a larger dish ... if you can pick up in your area.

welby
13-02-14, 18:01
sky has migrated the BBC / ITV / CH4 channels among others to it's new satellite ( Astra 28E ), this has a much tighter spot beam for the uk and as such has cut off a lot of Europe from watching these channels.

Thank you - yes I gathered that after doing a lot of searching - upset a lot of ex-pats I understand and a lot of coverage in Spain has gone also - Looks like his 1.5m dish is not going to cut it - I think he is going to realign the dish on the new 2E satellite before splashing the cash.

Thanks again.

welby
13-02-14, 18:04
there are endless threads on this issue on other WEB sites, including maps showing the required (new) dish size to pick up these signals.
Your location is important, as there are areas that will not receive without a significant increase in dish size.

Bottom line is that in Italy you will need a larger dish ... if you can pick up in your area.

Thank you - as Phoenix pointed out the new Sat and and its beam pattern - although Astra state they have not finalised the beam pattern and may change it - time will tell - thank you for the reply. I may get him to try IPTV on the VU+ but the channle listings are a little sparse at the moment, but I am sure this will change :)