PDA

View Full Version : Some recording niggles

rob76
06-11-10, 10:42
well the first one is a bit more than a niggle...

1) I'm setup with 3 LNB's for 13E, 19E and 28E with disecs and 2 feeds running down into the box. I have tuner A setup as simples with ports A B and C setup to the above satellites respectively. Tuner B is set up to be the same as A however when I'm recording I can only zap to channels on the same transponder. I know both feeds are working because I've tried viewing with only 1 of the cables plugged in and that worked fine. Am I missing something else? In the sumple tuner config there's an option to send a disecq only on sat change but not sure what this is.

2) this one is a niggle... Is it possible to rewind on a channel that's recording? Sometimes I set a program to record but I can start watching before it's finished. On the old sky box I used to just rewind to the beginning and it will continue to record but on the VU the rewind button seems to be disabled while recording.

I'm running VIX1.2 but these issues where there on the 1.1 too so I don't htink it's an image issue.

Thanks

Rob

silverfox0786
06-11-10, 10:51
the second q i can help you with the timeshif and record settings need to be changed im not sure if you need to do both or just either or but your recording prob has priority when recording and you timeshit prob has stop timeshif when recording check them and fiddle with the setting of recording and timeshit till you get what you want

Maxwell
06-11-10, 11:13
1) The problem is that tuner A has priority over tuner B and if tuner A is controlling the Disecq constantly the Disecq signal from tuner B will not be accepted by the switch, try setting that option to send a disecq only on sat change to yes, A better solution would be to put 28e into tuner A directly and use Tuner B with Disecq switch for the other 2 LNBs

2) Bring up your recorded files list and you will see what your latest recording is, play it, even though it is still recording it will play from the beginning and continue to record in the background.

rob76
06-11-10, 11:43
Cheers guys the timeshift problem is now solved.

I still have problems with switching to different tuners though. I've tried changing the send disecq signal on sat change setting and also configured the tuners as suggested but still no joy.
Any other suggestions? The F1 race is on at the same time as Liverpool v Chelsea so it's getting critical :)

Maxwell
06-11-10, 11:53
Is the F1 and the football on the same sat if so you cant do it unless they are on the same transponder. The tuner setup I suggested should work with Tuner A configured as :
Configuration Mode:Simple
Mode:Single
Satellite:Astra Eurobird 2 ABCD(28.2)
Send Disecq: no
Tuner B
Configuration Mode:Simple
Mode: Disecq A/B
Port A: Astra(19.2)
Port B:Hotbird 6/8/9(13.0)
Set Voltage and 22KHz:yes
Send Disecq only on satellite change :no (or yes if you want)

rob76
06-11-10, 12:48
hmmm I might have something wrong here.
I've removed all tuner configs and set Tuner A to Simple & Single for 28.2 and disabled Tuner B. This got me no channels at all. I then disabled Tuner A and set Tuner B to Simple & Single on 28.2 and I could see channels now.
Next I switched over the feeds and sure enough Tuner A is showing channels while Tuner B is not!

Need to carry out some more testing but I think I might have deleted the hotbird and astra from the system!

rob76
07-11-10, 09:26
At this stage I'm suspecting I have a problem in my LNB/Disecq setup. Can anyone recommend a reliable installer in the Middlesex/London area as I've had my fair share of cowboys in the past few months?

rob76
08-11-10, 12:17
anyone can suggest a reliable installer that actually knows what he's doing?

silverfox0786
08-11-10, 13:38
anyone can suggest a reliable installer that actually knows what he's doing?

look in wat sat mag there a section for installers as im middlesex ish area and know a few but not sure if i can post any outside links

rob76
08-11-10, 14:55
Cheers mate but to be honest I'd rather go for someone recommended off board like this where people know what they're talking about. I've already came across 2 cowboy installers the first one of which dropped his ladder on my car and caused £4500 damage! This gentleman didn't even have the decency to align the lnbs before he left so I had to bring in another idiot to line them up!

If you can pm me details I'd be grateful.