PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] 2 More Questions please - Ultimo Newbie

adamandvicci
12-02-14, 19:20
2 More questions please...

1st is to do with a VIX Update. I googled the green flashing light which seems to mean that there is a stable VIX update .

On forums it says press blue then Vix then Update. But on my box in the Vix Options I dont have an update.

Just

Backup Manager
Image Manager
Install Local Extension
Mount Manager
Script runner
Swap Manager

Have looked in them all and cant see a Vix update... The light is starting to annoy me.... ANY IDEAS PLEASE???

-------

Secondly, I was told to download IPTV Update. I downloaded and work the plugin but dont see any extra channels etc? Do I need an IPTV player or something?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
12-02-14, 19:28
Hi mate,

Software updates are via Menu > Setup > Software update,

:thumbsup:

adamandvicci
12-02-14, 19:43
Hi mate,

Software updates are via Menu > Setup > Software update,

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Got it on now. Thought Id looked everywhere too. what a dumb ass. Thank you!!

Any ideas on the iptv?

Andy_Hazza
12-02-14, 20:47
lol. I'm unsure regards the iptv, hopefully someone on here can help you with that bud.

adamandvicci
12-02-14, 21:15
Managed to find it on a menu option I didnt even know existed.. Any good recomended streaming apps for movies?

Larry-G
12-02-14, 21:28
There are a few such as TSmedia etc but they are all currently in a cat and mouse game with the British ISP's who are blocking servers at the request of the movie and music industries fight against piracy. sorry I can't be more help, i dont use any of these plugins my self.

adamandvicci
12-02-14, 22:15
There are a few such as TSmedia etc but they are all currently in a cat and mouse game with the British ISP's who are blocking servers at the request of the movie and music industries fight against piracy. sorry I can't be more help, i dont use any of these plugins my self.

Yeah Im using TS media. Is hit and miss...

The update thing still not cured the flashing green light done it 4 times and restarted?

pooface
12-02-14, 22:26
Yeah Im using TS media. Is hit and miss...

The update thing still not cured the flashing green light done it 4 times and restarted?

Try telnetting in to the box and typing:

opkg upgrade
opkg list-upgradable

Should show what it thinks needs upgrading...

Trial
13-02-14, 08:50
Hi,
if it is a dependency clash opkg upgrade --force-overwrite will do.

ciao

adamandvicci
13-02-14, 10:05
how do I telnet? I use flashfx programme can I do it via that?