PDA

View Full Version : script to save epg to usb

BigMo
17-04-10, 19:49
Hi,

As the title, I'm looking for the script to save the epg.dat file to usb, it's for the dream elite image.

I get a blank page if I try to download it from the dream elite server.

cheers
BigMo

oneforall
17-04-10, 22:53
If its about getting a file from a website, wget should do the trick. You could either put the command in the cron files or add it to .loginrc

BigMo
17-04-10, 23:28
Cheers for the reply mate, but it's a script that runs on the vu which saves the epg to a usb stick mounted on the stb. The dream elite team had various scripts in the download manager, save epg to hdd, save to usb etc, but when I try to access them I just get a blank page.

cheers
Mo

oneforall
17-04-10, 23:28
#!/bin/sh
wget -P<USB Directory path> <URL to File>

oneforall
17-04-10, 23:31
I see.
Sorry mate, currently I can only be of any help with linux related queries. :(
My box is stuck in transit due to the volcanic ash. So do not know the internals of the system yet.

BigMo
17-04-10, 23:36
Thanks mate, i've just found a post about it on the dream elite forum it seems it's been removed 'cause it makes the image unstable. Well that's what google translate says, the post is in Italian. :)

cheers
BigMo

Sicilian
18-04-10, 05:40
You can download the script through the Dream Elite addons menu. Press green button > select addons > Then look in the scripts section.

BigMo
18-04-10, 17:30
You can download the script through the Dream Elite addons menu. Press green button > select addons > Then look in the scripts section.

When I try to do that it says it has downloaded them but the scripts panel is empty.:(

Sicilian
18-04-10, 18:56
The script should be installed on your USB, ftp into /media/sdb1 off the top of my head and look for epgsaveush.sh or something like that. Your should automatically get saved on reboot.

BigMo
18-04-10, 20:41
I still can't find it. :( But on a happier note I now have an epg.dat file on my usb stick so it seems to have fixed itself.:)

Thanks to all

BigMo