PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] PCTV Nano Stick 290e T2

rte
12-02-14, 12:56
My PCTV Nano Stick 290e T2 in Vu+Duo in Tuner C (USB) shows DVB T only.
When I scan terrestial channels using setting Scandinavia Europe T/T2, no T2-channels are scanned, only T.
No terrestial HD-channels are scanned. It has been confirmed that my terrestial sender is containing the T2-signals.
This is in Finland. Do I have a wrong driver or what is missing?
When I use the same in my Vu+Ultimo in Sweden, all DVB T/T2 channels are scanned alright.

rte
15-02-14, 07:35
Any information available?

pooface
15-02-14, 08:07
Which driver did you install? It should have been the em28xx driver...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

rte
15-02-14, 08:24
I have not installed any driver, the system picked up the stick automatically.
How can I see the present driver? How can I replace it if needed?

rte
15-02-14, 08:53
I installed now the dvb-usb-em28xx (1.0-r3) - driver.
I have two other drivers installed: network-usb-rtl8192cu (1.0-r1) and usbserial (1.0-r0).
I use the wireless connection through usb-dongle. I suppose the network-usb-driver is for that.
I don't know what the usbserial-driver does.
I have restarted the receiver but still no T2.channels are scanned.

rte
15-02-14, 09:07
My DVB-tuner shows DVB-T, no T2.
I have had Sundtek-stick before. It had no T2. I have removed that and I hope all drivers connected with that are removed. Is it possible that Nano-stick still uses the same driver even if it is not visible in the drivers list?

pooface
15-02-14, 10:25
Best thing to do would probably be to do a fresh flash and configure from fresh... You might want to wait until next vix is released before doing that, as a fresh flash will be required anyway! Although at present, there is no time frame for release...

rte
15-02-14, 10:31
Ok, but if I reflash now, can I use the settings back-up?

pooface
15-02-14, 15:03
Ok, but if I reflash now, can I use the settings back-up?

No, as it will still require a fresh flash on next vix... You can back up stuff like channel lists, cam configs etc, but all settings will need to be made fresh...

rte
15-02-14, 15:32
Ok, I thought so. I've better wait for the new version, reflash with it and and configure all from scratch.

tappari
15-02-14, 15:54
That is not correct tuner-setting for Finnish channels. Bandwidth and frequencies are wrong. Instead use for example Iceland (Europe T/T2 settings.

rte
15-02-14, 17:37
What an unexpected advice. But amazing, it works! The Finnish terrestial distributor Digita couldn't give me that hint.
That setting scans the same channels and frequencies as Scandinavian tuner setting included in my sender but obviously something more.
Thank you!

rte
19-02-14, 16:55
My joy was shortlived. I managed to scan the T2-channels only once and they were loud and clear. But when I started my Vu+Duo next day, channels where not visible any more and scanning didn't spot them. The first scanning results are still listed, but they show signal 0 and no pic. However, the channel program information is visible. Sometimes it gives a message like "wrong parameters". I'm puzzled. The T-channels ar ok, signal over 80%.
The link mast distance is 7 km over the lake.

rte
20-02-14, 09:14
It seems to me that my distributor has problems in his nearest sender. Today everything works again.

tappari
20-02-14, 09:51
It seems to me that my distributor has problems in his nearest sender. Today everything works again.

DNA quite often has. Have you tried Digita T2 channels? You can find YLE HD1, YLE HD2 and YLE FEM HD. Channel in Helsinki Capital area is 35 UHF.
Frequencies for other parts of Finland you can find from www.digita.fi. Multiplex is D.

rte
20-02-14, 12:08
I use especially Digita T2 channels and the problems are there. The service is only a few weeks old and it has had some initial problems from the beginning.
My antenna picks up occasionally some DNA HD-channels, but they are coded.
The nearest sender is Digita. DNA is almost in the same direction but much further away.
I am not inte the Helsinki area. My T2 channel is 42, 642 Mhz.

tappari
20-02-14, 12:21
Cannot be 42,462 MHz. That is a short-wave area.

tappari
20-02-14, 12:42
DNA YLE channels are not sclambled. Same goes to Digita YLE channels. Those channels are must carry by the law. So no problem if you have a T2 tuner. If you have problem, please let me know your position in Finland, so I might give help to you. Or try Huoltovalikko.com.

rte
20-02-14, 13:11
YLE is not scrambled. Those scrambled channels are Nelonen Pro 1 HD and Canal+ Film HD which are obviously occasionally picked up from DNA VHF sender. My Digita sender does send mux D YLE HD1, YLE HD2 and YLE FEM HD (Alnd Alpha TV) on channel 42, frequency 642 Mhz UHF, that's for sure.
It was a suprise for me that my TV antenna can pick up both UHF and VHF-signals, but UHF is what I see best.
Digita has had propblems, I know, but they will learn.

tappari
20-02-14, 13:42
YLE is not scrambled. Those scrambled channels are Nelonen Pro 1 HD and Canal+ Film HD which are obviously occasionally picked up from DNA VHF sender. My Digita sender does send mux D YLE HD1, YLE HD2 and YLE FEM HD (Alnd Alpha TV) on channel 42, frequency 642 Mhz UHF, that's for sure.
It was a suprise for me that my TV antenna can pick up both UHF and VHF-signals, but UHF is what I see best.
Digita has had propblems, I know, but they will learn.

Sorry, but what is your location in Finland?

rte
07-03-14, 13:59
Got my DVB T,T2,C internal tuner and installed it in my Vu+Ultimo.
Scanning channels doesn't spot T2/HD-channels in Sweden. I wonder if it really is T2-tuner in spite of its marking or do I need a special driver for it?

mifo
23-04-14, 18:45
My joy was shortlived. I managed to scan the T2-channels only once and they were loud and clear. But when I started my Vu+Duo next day, channels where not visible any more and scanning didn't spot them. The first scanning results are still listed, but they show signal 0 and no pic. However, the channel program information is visible. Sometimes it gives a message like "wrong parameters". I'm puzzled. The T-channels ar ok, signal over 80%.
The link mast distance is 7 km over the lake.

I've had all kinds of problems with these sticks in numerous setups (Windows, TVHeadend, TV streamer running on my NAS) when plugged directly in to the USB port. Basically they can't draw enough power to keep a good quality T2 signal going. Try getting one of these (or any other powered hub which gives at least 1A per port) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E0NH9FC

I'm about to try setting this up with the Duo+ ... just plugged in but not recognised, time to go look for drivers. Wish me luck!