PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Help me please

adamandvicci
12-02-14, 09:39
My Ultimo has stopped fully loading.

It loads until the vix background then is stable. the Display shows the circles as if it is rebooting. But it NEVER fully loads. I have tried to reflash but it will not read the usb or work through the PC with serial data cable.

The image I installed was openvix-:mad:-vuultimo_usb.zip .

It is a plugin, or skin that I installed since that, that has caused this. But I changed a few setting before restart. Tried just deleting the plugins via FTP after trying all the rest but this has still not kicked the start up.

Im struggling to find a crash log even.... With FTP working is there anyway of deleting all the reciever info then reuploading the box's basic files? or flashing from FTP?

Im really struggling? have I bricked it? Please help my brainy people

Mandanddeb
12-02-14, 09:50
If I remember correctly ftp into box and usr/share/enigma2 and delete the corrupt skin it will revert to default skin let us know if it worked

weirskynet
12-02-14, 09:52
Ok what to try first is a few things

Turn off the box and remove any hard disk from it and then turn back on

Try without it first

Also for your USB stick make sure it is fat32 formatted

Look up good for the hp USB fat32 formatting tool

Then add the extracted
Folder to the root of the USB drive

Keep the hard disk out then power off plug in USB (use latest image)
Then power on and if it asks to press a button to read USB do so

Let it load and reboot thn test

If t works connect the hard disk to a pc and format then reconnect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamandvicci
12-02-14, 11:21
If I remember correctly ftp into box and usr/share/enigma2 and delete the corrupt skin it will revert to default skin let us know if it worked

One word.... LEGEND.

Massive thank you!! Now I just need to figure out which one it was that caused the problem! All fun!