PDA

View Full Version : Vu Ultimo Help ASAP please

adamandvicci
12-02-14, 09:35
My Ultimo has stopped fully loading.

It loads until the vix background then is stable. the Display shows the circles as if it is rebooting. But it NEVER fully loads. I have tried to reflash but it will not read the usb or work through the PC with serial data cable.

The image I installed was openvix-3.0.808-vuultimo_usb.zip .

It is a plugin, or skin that I installed since that, that has caused this. But I changed a few setting before restart. Tried just deleting the plugins via FTP after trying all the rest but this has still not kicked the start up.

Im struggling to find a crash log even.... With FTP working is there anyway of deleting all the reciever info then reuploading the box's basic files? or flashing from FTP?

Im really struggling? have I bricked it? Please help my brainy people

Dibs
12-02-14, 09:58
I'm no expert, but have just set-up my Solo 2. It might be worth downloading an older version of VIX (806 maybe) and trying that instead. If that fails to sort it, maybe a member from here has previously created a working backup of their file system that they could share with you?

Failing that, try flashing an image from VTI or Blackhole and if that allows you back in, re-flash with a fresh copy of VIX.

Hope you get it sorted and some better responses than mine off here.

Stanman
12-02-14, 19:56
Try flashing with another image and than once done try VIX again

Donnie
12-02-14, 20:04
Make sure you unplug and hdd fitted and any other USB devices, then try formatting your USB stick again.
Lastly try and load the image from a rear USB slot.