PDA

View Full Version : AutoBouquetMaker- BBC Red Buttons

Martincape
10-02-14, 19:37
Hi guys,

The BBC red button channels are missing from the channel line up using ABM.

So I done a manual scan and added them to the BBC Interactive list.

However, ABM ran again this morning and deleted them.

Is there anyway to stop it deleting them? If I add them to favorites will it still delete them from there?

sigpark
10-02-14, 20:02
Hi Martincape,

abu baniaz showed how you might edit the ABM files in this post (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24209-AutoBouquetMaker-released-by-ViX!&p=256788&viewfull=1#post256788) they are located in folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers - but edits/changes will get over-written with ViX updates.

Second part of your question, I sometimes use a different ABM region to find a particular channel or locate a channel in the "last scanned" section and add to favorites. It will stay there after any ABM updates.

Hope this helps

putitonthewall
11-02-14, 18:16
How does Autobouquetsmaker get its channel info for 28.2e?

Am I right in thinking its via some BBC radio channel?

If so.. is that why its stopped working in south of Spain. As they no longer get BBC channels.

marty
11-02-14, 19:16
How does Autobouquetsmaker get its channel info for 28.2e?

Am I right in thinking its via some BBC radio channel?

If so.. is that why its stopped working in south of Spain. As they no longer get BBC channels.

Very high chance thats the case.

Larry-G
11-02-14, 19:27
I'm not expert but if you open the sky england.xml file you will see this.

<provider>
<name>Sky England</name>
<protocol>sky</protocol>
<transponder frequency="10802750" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="0"
fec_inner="4" orbital_position="282" inversion="2" system="0"
modulation="1" roll_off="0" pilot="2" />

This transponder closely matches the new one now on Atara 28.2 E 10803.00 H 22000 5/6. which is where the BBC radio channels now are. I'm not sure but you could try see if changing this transponder to one you can receive gets you going again.

putitonthewall
11-02-14, 20:28
I'm not expert but if you open the sky england.xml file you will see this.

This transponder closely matches the new one now on Atara 28.2 E 10803.00 H 22000 5/6. which is where the BBC radio channels now are. I'm not sure but you could try see if changing this transponder to one you can receive gets you going again.

Thanks for this info.

Will it just be the transponder info I should try? Do you think the 4 sets of info on the line below that will be the same for the new sat?

Larry-G
11-02-14, 20:40
no idea, i dont know if you have to use a specific transponder for this or if any others would allow the same functionality for ABM, and i'm not near a receiver to check at present.

gazhay
27-07-14, 18:42
Was this red button channel issue ever solved?

abu baniaz
28-07-14, 02:09
I have slightly altred thread title and mmoved it to ABM suppot section.

Was this red button channel issue ever solved?

See following thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?39047-AutoBouquets-Interactive