PDA

View Full Version : Locking up router

s2tephen
10-02-14, 18:14
I have a bit of a problem here
When I reboot enigma, or for any reason the VU+ Duo2 Vix 808 image needs to reboot itself it locks up the router, I have to reset the router to get it working ie turn it OFF.
I am unable to get internet on any computers in the house either via LAN or Wlan.
I have now tested this and I DO have this problem and it ONLY happens as above.
I have not tried any other images so do not know if it is software or hardware.
This also happens if the VU+ Duo2 is connected by LAN or WiFi.
The router is a Netgear R6250.
I do not think it is the router as my dreambox does not cause this to happen.
Any ideas.

Larry-G
10-02-14, 18:26
What softcam are you using ?, there was a thread about a year ago or longer where i a certain softcam was essentially DD'ossing it's home network. Have you tried a full fresh reflash of the image ?.

grahammcm1888
10-02-14, 21:00
A bit of a shot in the dark but is it an ip conflict?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
10-02-14, 21:01
Are you using DHCP or manually assigning IPs

s2tephen
10-02-14, 21:06
Hi
No been there all devices have there own fixed I/Ps.
It actually stops all access to the internet on all the PC's, and any devices connected to the wifi.
My internal network works ok still just will not connect to internet until I hard reboot the router.
I have tried another router as well, abit though also a netgear but different model but problem still exists.

abu baniaz
10-02-14, 21:10
Do you have an issue if all devices are on DHCP?

s2tephen
10-02-14, 21:27
Manually assigning I/P address

Work perfect until I reboot enigma a receiver.
As I said before it does not happen when I use my Dreambox 800se HD I can reboot to enigma and all is fine I am using openPli on that machine.
I can turn it off at night and on next day no problem. Its when I install a new plugin or something that requires a reboot of enigma.

abu baniaz
10-02-14, 21:34
I asked do you have an issue if you DHCP, you have not answered that question and merely stated that the you are assigning IPs. You are not obliged to answer, but I believe it is a pertinent question and would go some way in resolving your issue.

A better way to set things up is to reserve IP addresses on the router and leave all devices on DHCP.

Donnie
10-02-14, 21:48
Debug the router ?
What firmware is it running ?
What plugins ?
The whole story make life easier.

s2tephen
10-02-14, 22:40
Yes I had this issue 1st when using DHCP thought it was I/P conflict set up all on separate manual I/P address hoping that would sort it out and it has not.
Netgear Router R6250
Firmware Ver V1.0.1.82_1.0.77
Cross EPG
Multibutton
Vix 808
Only plugins that were installed were from 1st install
Will have a look at log on router.

Donnie
10-02-14, 22:54
Yes I had this issue 1st when using DHCP thought it was I/P conflict set up all on separate manual I/P address hoping that would sort it out and it has not.
Netgear Router R6250
Firmware Ver V1.0.1.82_1.0.77
Cross EPG
Multibutton
Vix 808
Only plugins that were installed were from 1st install
Will have a look at log on router.
I am using Vix 808 on my Duo Le with no extra plugins, on my network I have AV amp, 2 smart Tv's, solo2, Duo2, Ultimo, ipad, S3 and S4. STB's with fixed IP and the rest DHCP
My gut feeling is a plugin you have or your softcam is the issue, I would reflash and make one change at a time on the problematic stb

judge
10-02-14, 22:58
Is it a GB router? And does the box causing the issue have a Mac address?

s2tephen
10-02-14, 23:05
Yes it is a GB sourced router brought from PCW
As said prev I am inclined to think it is not the router as I have tried another with the same conclusion.
Yes have thought abt reflash but am holding off for the VIX Ver 4 ive heard is coming as it is working other than this problem.
All devices such as desktops, printers satellite Receivers, LG TV LG Br Xbox are hard wired have own fixed I/Ps
Wifi picks up mobile phones and such.

Donnie
10-02-14, 23:07
Softcam the has to be looked at but that's not really anything you can discuss on the board.

s2tephen
10-02-14, 23:12
Will try out some of your suggestions tomorrow, many thanks.

judge
10-02-14, 23:13
Look in about - network & let us know if the box has a Mac address.

s2tephen
11-02-14, 17:59
can find mac address in router as attached device but not in the receiver network settings no option