PDA

View Full Version : Help needed selecting my first Linux receiver.

nickrichbaker
10-02-14, 13:27
Hi
I'm new to the digital sat receiver things and am interested in purchasing one. However I would like some help in choosing.
What box would you recommend for me giving that I would want to Pause, rewind etc. Twin tuner for recording more than 1 channel and an RF out for sending a signal to another room.
After looking for a while I want to use vix as it looks like it has a lot of support.
Please be kind with me!!!!!

Your help would be greatly appreciated

TK4|2|1
10-02-14, 16:07
Hi
I'm new to the digital sat receiver things and am interested in purchasing one. However I would like some help in choosing.
What box would you recommend for me giving that I would want to Pause, rewind etc. Twin tuner for recording more than 1 channel and an RF out for sending a signal to another room.
After looking for a while I want to use vix as it looks like it has a lot of support.
Please be kind with me!!!!!

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Start your own thread dude, don't hijack someone else's.

nickrichbaker
10-02-14, 17:23
Sorry, like I said i'm new to all this. Will do

Larry-G
10-02-14, 17:39
I have moved your post out of the other thread and into here, you'll get a lot more answers this way.

If you can afford the Solo2 i would go for that, do you have any particular budget in mind ?.

nickrichbaker
10-02-14, 21:18
Hi sorry about that and thanks for moving it.
Basically I started looking at the technomate 2t oe but quickly realised there are loads of boxes out there and thought I'd ask for some help.
Was thinking around the £200 mark.

cactikid
10-02-14, 22:17
vu solo2 great box twin tuners but no rf out,all sat boxes need their own sat cable feed,why are you thinking of rf out to do what?

nickrichbaker
10-02-14, 23:09
In order to watch from that box in bedroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickrichbaker
13-02-14, 19:03
Vu solo2 is a bit out of my price range but the vu+duo is within range. Would you recommend these?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pac2000
13-02-14, 21:19
The Vu+ Duo Is An Amazing Piece Of Kit... And You Can Access It's WebIf Interface Over Your Internal Network Over The Wifi... Or Get One Of These From The Sponsor...

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mercury-Universal-RF-Video-Modulator-ILS102?filter_name=rf%20modulator

And If You PM Him, You'll Get £5 Off Your Duo...

nickrichbaker
14-02-14, 13:32
Thanks pac2000.
If I could get a few questions out all at once to save messing you around that would be great.
Looking at the image you put up are all these channels available to view on the box itself on the tv??
Obviously with a hdd, could I pause/rewind live tv?
As I am not very advanced (yet I hope) with all the technical stuff, are they pretty versatile for me to start learning the world of digital satellite receivers?
Are they pretty simple to use ie. for the wife??

Many thanks again