PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] BBC Red Buttonq

Martincape
10-02-14, 12:20
Hi guys,

Winter Olympics is on but how do you use the red button on Solo2?

In the epg there is a bbc interactive channel but there is nothing on it. Only normal bbc one. Is it not possible to use of these boxes?

abu baniaz
10-02-14, 12:50
EPG= (synopsis, what is/will be on the channel)
I take it your are referring to the channel list/bouquet instead. In which case this thread is in the wrong section.

There are two channels BBC RB 1 and BBC RB 2. Perform a manual scan for the two channels as follows:
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > Type of Scan > Push left till you get "User defined transponder"
For now, fill in the details as in pictures attached. The chanenls will not fall into a bouquet, you will have to access it as follows (unless you move them):
TV button > Satellites > 28.2 services >

If you are using Lriazer's plugin, the channels appear in the "Other" bouquet instead of BBC interactive.

Martincape
10-02-14, 19:41
Thank you. I managed to find them doing a manual scan. I moved them to the BBC Interactive section on the EPG. But when it ran again, it removed them. Is there a way to stop it deleting them? Will putting them in favorites help?

abu baniaz
10-02-14, 20:15
You cannot add to any existing bouquets that ABM creates/uses.

Martincape
10-02-14, 20:17
I ran ABM again after I added the red button channels, to hide some sections like Religious etc. But after it ran I had to do a manual scan again to get red button channels back. It removed them.

judge
10-02-14, 23:11
Yes, you can safely place them in a favourites bouquet or any other bouquet not updated by ABM.

abu baniaz
11-02-14, 01:27
Just run ABM, both red button channels are also in the "Other" bouquet. Please ignore post 2 and go straight to the Other bouquet.

Andy_Hazza
11-02-14, 06:57
I've ran ABM over n over n restarted but still no 2nd bbc interactive channel. I thought ABM was supposed to replicate/mirror whats on skt/freesat etc?

Thanks,

Larry-G
11-02-14, 07:07
It does but the red button channels are not the same as other channels ie they dont have a EPG slot or channel number as there technically data channels.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
11-02-14, 07:36
The XMLTV-importer does have some EPG for the interactive channels.

Martincape
11-02-14, 12:08
They are both in the "other" bouquet section now. Watching them now :)