PDA

View Full Version : Quad spinner keep appearing on screen

s1m0nw
09-02-14, 17:03
Hey guys

I was wondering if you guys can throw some suggestions my way...

I am having to post in this section as I am using tapatalk.

I am on version 808 and got giga using duo hdd via network mount no picons and EPG downloading to a pen drive in the back of the box and using fraggles frankensky skin.

When the box hasn't had any interaction for a while and I attempt to change channel or bring EPG up the spinner appears on screen and it doesn't respond for a couple of minutes then it carries out whatever interaction I am asking the box to do via remote.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

seame
09-02-14, 17:18
Check the amount of free space on the flash and check /var/lib/opkg/lists for any large files and delete them then run the software update.

s1m0nw
09-02-14, 21:24
Had a look in the list folder there was a couple of files that looked large in size. It hasnt solved the problem :confused:

FTP into box, went to list directory deleted large files, Telnet to box issued software update command then init 3/init 4, let box load then tried to change channel vix spinner appears tried it again after changed channel vix spinner again.

My next problem is my fstab file there is a ip address on there that doesnt exist, how is this possible?

My ip address are 192.168.0.* whereas the ip address address that there is 192.168.1.38.

Could this be the reason why my box takes longer than my vu+ duo to boot up?

s1m0nw
09-02-14, 21:42
Scratch that last post guys... Gave it another shot seems to be back to the way it once was... Will keep an eye on it over the next few days

Thanks for the great help as always

s1m0nw
11-02-14, 19:41
Does anyone know the reason why the files become large in size in opkg/list folder?? I have just had to delete big files again

s1m0nw
15-02-14, 23:22
My problem just keeps coming back. I have to delete openvix quad and openvix mip32el file as they are 7mb between them.

Everyday I get vix spinner spinning...I could attempt to change channel and it takes up to 1-2 mins to change.

What's the reason for this does anyone know?

rossi2000
16-02-14, 00:01
the background opkg check must be making them big.
disable software checks and see if prob remains

judge
16-02-14, 01:01
I have to delete openvix quad and openvix mip32el file as they are 7mb between them.

I'd doubt that's your issue, 7MB is fine here.
I'd be looking at how the Duo drive is mounted & try changing that.

s1m0nw
16-02-14, 07:32
I'd doubt that's your issue, 7MB is fine here.
I'd be looking at how the Duo drive is mounted & try changing that.

Cheers for replies guys

Judge do you mean change mount from automnt to enigma mount or boot mount?