PDA

View Full Version : What's happened?

northernmonkey
08-02-14, 00:44
I see people are posting about what channels have and haven't gone. For example, I've lost ITV HD and a few other channels.

Is this a known problem and if so, is there a fix?

If it's not a known thing then i'll look at reflashing etc....

Even the back up isn't working :-(

judge
08-02-14, 00:59
Reflashing won't help, your location might...

northernmonkey
08-02-14, 01:11
Sorry, SE England.

judge
08-02-14, 01:15
What build & channel listings are you using?

fraggle121
08-02-14, 08:55
Re scan for channels.i lost itv hd yesterday then rescaned.
Then it picked it up on the new freq.
I then added itv to my fav and edited the itv picon
With the new freq and all is good..

Its normal ive had to do that a few times
Its a bit of a pain but easy enough.

Just make sure u dont u say no to clear before scan on automatic scan.

When scan complete the new channels will be in all channels
Just find the one u want and put it in fav..

northernmonkey
08-02-14, 09:36
Wooooo...

Is there a step by step for that? I've always done everything automatically.

I've rescanned and itv HD is actually there, but like you say I've lost the picon...

I was beginning to wonder if it was a epg problem as other channels were missing from the list yet when you zapped on the channel it came on, then they appeared in the listing again.

If it helps, I'm using build 808 with kernel 3.3.8.

(Can't find how to find the channel list I'm using!)

And crossepg...

Thanks for the help.

fraggle121
08-02-14, 09:50
first off see if your box has already got the one u want sotimes u don't need to rescan

press up while tv pic is on u will get channel selection menu
now press red for all channels,
u will see lots of the same channel some will work some wont.for itve theres loads because u have meridian London etc see if u can find yours if u can highlight it and press menu then add service to bouguet now select whare u want to put it...

if u don't have it get the tv pic showing and press menu u
then press setup
then press service searching
then press automatic scan
then say no to clear before scan
then do a search it will take a while to do.
when all done exit out of it and do what I said above to look for new channels in all channels....

ive had to do this many times because they keep changing freq...

when u have found your new channel and put it in fav fo a crossepg scan again to get epg data for the new channel....

let me know how u get on...

Larry-G
08-02-14, 10:35
personally i always just leave ABM to do it's thing and it always pulls in the channels fine for me with no user interaction, the reason the picon no longer shows is because when a channel's frequency changes so does the channel reference data, this is whats used to marry the picon to the channel but it's easy enough to manually correct. That said i no longer even use picons my self.

northernmonkey
08-02-14, 16:32
So what's the process for manually correcting the picons?

Like i said, it's obviously where the frequencies have changed but I'm just going to leave ABM to sort it out.

I did try the above method but it didn't heklp (rescanning etc)

EDIT: Also I have picons saved to the share folder, would this be better placed on the usb?

northernmonkey
08-02-14, 21:28
Just to let you guys know, I really could suss this out but I've done a complete reflash from scratch and it seems to have sorted it out.

I 'think' I've inadvertently been saving the epg to internal flash which i suspect could've been causing all sorts of trouble. Needless to say I've now set it to save to usb...

Thanks for the help!

cactikid
08-02-14, 23:58
hmm did you have it to flash or did it change to flash by itself after a reboot at rear?