PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Quad crashes laoding CrossEPG Info

madaboutlotus
07-02-14, 23:55
I have set up the EPG with all the CrossEPG providers I need at the moment, but when I try and configure it from the Blue button and select the CrossEPG extension, it reads the channels, reads the titles and then half way through crashes the box so I have to power down and switch on again. Sometimes it will go through to Parsing the titles and then crashes. It's random the point at which is crashes. I have asked it to save the EPG to the HDD and not flash memory.

Even if I try and set up my sats, it crashes again!!

Has the software become unstable or maybe something wrong with the box itself.

Any thoughts

judge
08-02-14, 00:22
What sats are you using?
And, in the case of a ViX crash, a crash log will be created, by default in /home/root/logs/
Please upload one or we would just be guessing as to what the issue is.

madaboutlotus
08-02-14, 09:34
Hi Judge, I was setting it up on 28.2 before trying to get my other sats on the other tuner from the motor. I will extract the crash log and send in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

madaboutlotus
09-02-14, 19:00
Hi
I have been setting up the motor today and good some success from satellites on East and West but not all sats at the moment. BUT. The box is still crashing when I try and do an auto or manual scan of the sat that has a signal. The box just dies with nothing on apart from the bottom Blue LED and nothing will bring it back to life except a hard power reset from the back. If I could send in a Crash Log I would, but it is no even creating one. Normally if you get a crash E2 would show some script on the screen, but the screen just goes blank!

Any thoughts or do I have to re-flash the box and start from scratch?

seame
09-02-14, 19:47
Try enabling the debug log and upload it here the next time it happens

madaboutlotus
09-02-14, 20:27
OK I have enabled the debug log file and it has recorded one and is attached.

seame
09-02-14, 20:30
Try home/root/logs

madaboutlotus
09-02-14, 20:37
Is that not the one that I have just posted?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

madaboutlotus
10-02-14, 09:13
Would appreciate some feedback on the debug log when someone has time to review as I need to know if it's an image issue or a problem with the box. If it's the box I have time at the moment to send it back for a replacement.

Regards

Stephen_
19-03-14, 02:10
Hi madaboutlotus, I have the same issue.
If you open it so the heat can escape, it will work. It looks like a heat issue. I'm pretty sure the CPU is overheating and thus locking the receiver up.
Same thing has happened with the latest VIX version "openvix-Zeus.005-gbquad_usb" failed with the case on, as soon as you take the case off it works.

Rob van der Does
19-03-14, 05:32
Although you haven't even told us what image you're using, it turns out to be ViX.
Please, next time provide INFO when asking for help.
So Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)