PDA

View Full Version : [TM-2T] screen burn \ missing channels

ams1
07-02-14, 21:00
Hi all,
Hoping for a little advice please.

Had my tm 2t a few months, but still learning.
With reference to the two questions before I can post (flash without settings restore etc. ...)
I'm not really sure.
I suppose my first question should be :
After I've flashed, and i'm presented with a list of various backups to use, should I be using one which says 'software update' in the file,
Or one of the others ?

Maybe this is why I have other problems.
Firstly I have downloaded the 'antiscrollbar' plugin, but can't find it ?
Or is there another plugin suitable to stop screen burn with vix ?

Secondly, (tuner A is usals)
Several satellites that had numerous channels (19.2) are showing less than 10 channels.
I can do a manual tune, to reinstate the 1600+. But a day or so later the problem returns.

When I initially set it up for the first time, I did a blind search.
So would prefer to avoid doing this again if possible, as the dish is outside my bedroom window :)

Many thanks

abu baniaz
07-02-14, 23:44
1. When you were prompted to restore backups, if you said yes, then that means you have restored settings. Sometimes easier to start afresh without bringing any "baggage" from previous installation.

2. With regards to your satellite issue, you need to align you dish. It is out of alignment.

3. You can save your previous chanenl settings whenever you want using Dreamset/Dreamboxedit or similar programs. I don't think that the TM OE receivers do blind search.

judge
07-02-14, 23:51
After I've flashed, and i'm presented with a list of various backups to use, should I be using one which says 'software update' in the file,
Or one of the others ?

The ones that are titled with 'software update' will have been created by an online update you performed.
Others will be those you created manually.

All will include the date the backup was made, so should give you a good idea on which you want to restore.

ams1
08-02-14, 00:51
The ones that are titled with 'software update' will have been created by an online update you performed.
Others will be those you created manually.

All will include the date the backup was made, so should give you a good idea on which you want to restore.

Ahh
So nothing complex involved, all the same information.

And not related to channel loss issue. Dish needs re alignment

Thanks

Anybody have experience with Antiscroll, or other plugin that covers up channel logos ?
It has Apparently installed, but I can't see it.
Maybe buried within settings somewhere ?
I've just changed (upgraded :) ) my old pioneer plasma to an lg smart. And the burn is nuts !

BubbleBalls
08-02-14, 01:31
Got a Samsung two years and burn was bad at the start. Google "plasma break in slides/files" or such, and you should be able to find a continuos looped file you can put on a USB stick. Run it on tv when house is empty or at night to evenly break in and age the pixels. Plasma pixels get better after the break in - think it was 150/200 hours or so - but don't settle til they're 1000 hours old or so.

There is also a screen saver option in VIX in the user interface section. This only applies to paused content though.

Tapatālker