PDA

View Full Version : No signal when lnb connected to vu duo 2

jools2001
07-02-14, 12:58
Hi Everyone,

Just received my eagerly awaited Vu Duo 2 from W.O.S. Yesterday.

Ive connected sly fixed dish to tuner B (bottom lnb in socket} pictures come in perfect, no problem )

And motorised lnb to Tuner A.(top lnb in socket) using diseque motor

I moved dish onto 13d east whilst connected to my old spiderbox,then disconnected from Spider, and just plugged it into duo.

For some stupid reason,it will not get a signal into my duo box, and i seemed to have tried everything.

I did load a motorised sat list onto the box,tried changing the sat diseque numbers from 20 as shown on the list, to 13 as stored in my motor, but it just wont show any power whatsover.

If i disconnect and put the motorised lnb cable, back into spider, it works perfect!!!

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Or have got a faulty unit?

thanks in advance

Jools

marty
07-02-14, 13:09
Entered you long/lat?

jools2001
07-02-14, 13:49
Entered you long/lat?

Hi Marti,

I didnt enter it, as im not using usuals, only diseqc settings on motor.

Cant understand how fixed dish from Astra shows up on reciever,
but not the diseqc one?

dfdream
07-02-14, 15:19
Also if the dish is on 13E then just configure the DUO2 tunerA as a single fixed dish to see that you have a picture on 13E first....

jools2001
07-02-14, 17:06
Also if the dish is on 13E then just configure the DUO2 tunerA as a single fixed dish to see that you have a picture on 13E first....

Cheers dfdream,

Spoke to w.o.s. who suggested changing over lnb leads on tuner. (now a is set to b and lead b is set to a) so motorised now on A.......

Have done this, and its now finaly setting up every sat i have in my uploaded list.

Somehow the posititioner setting was getting blocked out before when i tried to set up the motorised tuner section!!!

Seems to be taking ages (which i suppose is normal ) about an hour and half and its only 34% done.
Hoping when it sfinished scanning them all, i get some pictures lol

Then all i have to do is to figure out how to configure ccam on the receiver!!

jools2001
08-02-14, 13:38
Now it wont recognise sky dish feed, now in bottom lnb slot ( tuner b )

I Must have a faulty tuner,or can someone advise me?

cheers

Jools

abu baniaz
08-02-14, 15:23
Try reseating the tuner module/use adjacent slot.

jools2001
08-02-14, 17:18
Try reseating the tuner module/use adjacent slot.

Cheers, will do, when i open up box for hdd next week.

If it is just that, pretty poor for brand new machine!

abu baniaz
08-02-14, 18:04
On second thoughts, you said that when it was in tuner B, it was working. Now it is not working. Best to start at lowest/simplest level for diagonostic purposes. Forget motorised dish for now. Disconnect the motorsised cable from receiver for now cable and leave it to one side.
The 28.2 cable, check f plug is seated correctly, they can work loose when unscrewing.

Test 1.
Connect 28.2 cable to tuner port A. Set tuner A as Simple,Single, 28.2. Set Tuner B as not configured. Does it work?

Test 2
Connect 28.2 cable to tuner port B. Set tuner B as Simple,Single, 28.2. Set Tuner A as not configured. Does it work?

jools2001
08-02-14, 18:57
I wont be connecting box until monday,
as ive put back old spider to allow me to watch chans over the weekend.

I may of put it wrong in first post (so much changing, ive forgot myself)

But tuner b is receiving no signal at all.

Will try again on monday,after i get a reply back frpm wos, as the box is brand new!

jools2001
09-02-14, 20:51
On second thoughts, you said that when it was in tuner B, it was working. Now it is not working. Best to start at lowest/simplest level for diagonostic purposes. Forget motorised dish for now. Disconnect the motorsised cable from receiver for now cable and leave it to one side.
The 28.2 cable, check f plug is seated correctly, they can work loose when unscrewing.

Test 1.
Connect 28.2 cable to tuner port A. Set tuner A as Simple,Single, 28.2. Set Tuner B as not configured. Does it work?

Test 2
Connect 28.2 cable to tuner port B. Set tuner B as Simple,Single, 28.2. Set Tuner A as not configured. Does it work?

Hi Again,

Finally got round too testing both ports seperately,as you suggesed above, and thankfully, YES they both worked independent,
so no problem with the tuners :):):)

Its got to be something to do with my motorised setup in the tuner settings, but will try and figure that out tomorrow, so hopefully if i can leave
the fixed dish on top lnb connecter on tuner A, and put motorised on bottom lnb connecter on Tuner B, i can discard my current lnb switch i had to use on my spider box,as that only had 1 tuner.

Hoping tomorrow, i finally manage to sort it all out!!

Thanks for your help once again, im sure it wont be the last

lol

:D:thumbsup:

cactikid
09-02-14, 20:59
i would say where sat is pointing is not the same as what tuner says so when they dont match =no signal

abu baniaz
09-02-14, 22:36
i can discard my current lnb switch i had to use on my spider box,as that only had 1 tuner.

Please expand on this.

Also post a screenshot of your tuner config for the motorised one.

jools2001
10-02-14, 14:09
Hi Again,

Success at last!!

I previously had a switch to allow me to view both astra 28 on fixed dish, and motorised dish as well.

I have removed the switch today, and after putting in lon lat dish is now being moved by Duo2 :):):):):)

Unfortunately the sats are slightly out, for some reason,guess because im now using usuals instead of diceqc 1.2???

I have tried to move/tweak the sats to get better signal, but each time i save it, the receiver doesnt store my saved updated sat settings!

Gotta be a simple solution, so will keep trying till i can sort out (any advice on this greately appreciated )

Thanks for your help

regards

Jools

:D

abu baniaz
10-02-14, 14:38
@jools2001
Tweak dish/motor assembly or slightly alter your co-ordinates. Adjusting is the best option.

The golden rule is tuner config must match hardware config. If you want to add the diseqc switch back into your setup, have a look at this thread.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22414-How-to-combine-a-fixed-and-a-motorised-dish-to-one-coax

jools2001
10-02-14, 16:40
@abu baniaz

Yes, i know thats probably my only option, but weather put paid to that for a while down here in the westcountry!!!

Just a pain i cant readjust sats through the receiver, like i could on my spiderbox 9000 on diceqc 1.2

Lets hope the weather calms down in next week or two!!!!

Wont need the switch now, as i have the seperate sky dish feed fed into tuner A, and works no problem

:)

abu baniaz
10-02-14, 18:06
You can use Diseqc 1.2. Try again.

jools2001
12-02-14, 12:27
You can use Diseqc 1.2. Try again.

I can adjust it for better signal,using diseqc, but settings dont seem to save, for some reason.

Will have to wait till storms subside, as the wind has definately moved it slightly,just hope its not too bad?

abu baniaz
12-02-14, 13:10
@Jools2001
See this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23085-Non-Usals-Motor-set-up-problem&p=171974&viewfull=1#post171974

jools2001
12-02-14, 19:48
@ Abu Baniaz,

Thanks for link,

Think ive sorted it now,by using usuals for the first time ever, and apart from a slight up or down on the dish,should be back to normal,

The weather today, has been the worst ive known it! Cant believe my 10 year old motor has got through it ( so far )

:)